Youri Bonnaffé | 6 Mar 09:40 2013

Cloudstack with Xen (only) hypervisor

Hello,

I was wondering if Cloudstack could connect to a Xen (only) hypervisor,
let's say version 3. I mean just Xen, not XenServer, not XCP.
If not, do you know a way to make it work when the host OS is a CentOS ? It
seems that there are some initiatives to package xapi for Fedora/CentOS but
they are still in development.

Thanks,

 Youri
David Nalley | 6 Mar 17:09 2013
Picon

Re: Cloudstack with Xen (only) hypervisor

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM, Youri Bonnaffé
<youri.bonnaffe@...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if Cloudstack could connect to a Xen (only) hypervisor,
> let's say version 3. I mean just Xen, not XenServer, not XCP.
> If not, do you know a way to make it work when the host OS is a CentOS ? It
> seems that there are some initiatives to package xapi for Fedora/CentOS but
> they are still in development.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Youri

At present, no.
CloudStack communicates with Xen via XAPI, so XCP, XS, or Xen + XAPI
is required.

--David

Gmane