Wouter Boers | 1 Dec 15:11 2010
Picon

Re: AW: Can't open files

Hi Mario,

Jaas would be nice to have. Webdav can only use digest or basic authentication. Having a 'real'  user makes is
easier to set-up access rights, The problem you have is not a Jackrabbit problem but a MS issue.

Unless you use sharepoint, the office stack by definition does not allow you to open files in read/write
mode on a webdav server. You need to adjust the registry settings for that.  The fix depends on the office
version you use.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; Created by Wouter Boers - Ogle
; Ogle NV - Nooderdereinde 311 - 1243JX 's Graveland
; http://www.ogle.nl
; See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870853 and http://blogs.sharepointhosting.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=399ed944%2D72d2%2D4932%2Dbc13%2Dde0586abf2d1&ID=75

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Common\Internet]
"OpenDocumentsReadWriteWhileBrowsing"=dword:00000001

Regards, Wouter