Christian Stocker | 2 Apr 09:15 2012
Picon

JMX stats, do they have to be enabled?

Hi

We'd like to have access to JMX stats. I saw this
and

So that looks promising. In the comments there is something about
***
 - stats are disabled by default, this has nothing to do with JMX. If
you want stats, you'll have to enable them, if you want stats via jmx,
enable the jmx support for that Stat object.
***

What do I have to do to enable JMX stats for the metrics mentioned in
those tickets?

Greetings

chregu

Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60
www.liip.ch // blog.liip.ch // GnuPG 0x0748D5FE

Alex Parvulescu | 2 Apr 21:35 2012
Picon

Re: JMX stats, do they have to be enabled?

Hi Christian,

You can find more info about the stats here [0]. Stats are always enabled.

You have to wrap them into JMX beans if you want this info exposed that
way. It is pretty straightforward, for example there are some stats exposed
as json [1], I think related to
JCR-3113<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3113>
.

best,
alex

[0] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Statistics
[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-servlet/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/servlet/jackrabbit/StatisticsServlet.java?view=markup

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Christian Stocker <christian.stocker <at> liip.ch