Achim Grolms | 4 Oct 21:38 2005
Picon

http://www.grolmsnet.de/kerbtut/

Update on <http://www.grolmsnet.de/kerbtut/>
"using mod_auth_kerb and Windows 2000/2003 as KDC":

Now the differences of Win2000 and Win2003 in kvno behavior are described.

BTW: Anyone out there with a working
- Windows2003 as KDC
- RC4 instead DES
- and mod_auth_kerb setup?

Thank you,
Achim

Rob Sessink | 5 Oct 00:44 2005

Achim Grolms (achim <at> grolmsnet.de) wrote:
> Update on <http://www.grolmsnet.de/kerbtut/>
> "using mod_auth_kerb and Windows 2000/2003 as KDC":
>
> Now the differences of Win2000 and Win2003 in kvno behavior are described.
>
> BTW: Anyone out there with a working
> - Windows2003 as KDC
> - RC4 instead DES
> - and mod_auth_kerb setup?
>
> Thank you,
> Achim

No, I tried to use RC4 with negotiate on 2003, but i always get a DES
ticket. I wanted to use it to pass the ticket to samba's smbclient. The
only way i can get a RC4 ticket is to use Kerb5Passwd. (If someone has a
setup for this please post it)

	Rob Sessink

Achim Grolms | 5 Oct 10:43 2005

On Wednesday 05 October 2005 00:44, Rob Sessink wrote:

> No, I tried to use RC4 with negotiate on 2003, but i always get a DES
> ticket.

Strange.
What happens when using kgetcred (or kvno on MIT)?
If the Account is not set to "DES only" I get a RC4 ticket
with Heimdal-Client and W2003 KDC.
Does that happen to you too?

Thank you,
Achim