Brian Rectanus | 22 Jun 19:04 2010

Trustwave Acquires Breach Security and with it ModSecurity

For those of you who do not already know, Trustwave has acquired Breach
Security.  With this acquisition Trustwave has also acquired ModSecurity.

Please see Breach Security's web site and the press release for more info:

http://www.breach.com/
https://www.trustwave.com/pressReleases.php?n=062210

Brian Rectanus
Breach Security

Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html

Chris Datfung | 22 Jun 19:48 2010
Picon

Re: Trustwave Acquires Breach Security and with it ModSecurity

For those of you who do not already know, Trustwave has acquired Breach
Security.  With this acquisition Trustwave has also acquired ModSecurity.

Congratulation! What does that mean for future CRS and ModSecurity development?

- Chris

Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html
Brian Rectanus | 22 Jun 19:54 2010

On 06/22/2010 10:48 AM, Chris Datfung wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Brian Rectanus
> <Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com <mailto:Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com>> wrote:
>
>     For those of you who do not already know, Trustwave has acquired Breach
>     Security.  With this acquisition Trustwave has also acquired
>     ModSecurity.
>

> Congratulation! What does that mean for future CRS and ModSecurity
> development?

It means the support of a much bigger company behind ModSecurity. I'd
love this to be able to expand the community, get ModSecurity into more
places and allow more research and development of some long-desired
features. It will take some time to get things moving, though.

-B

Brian Rectanus
Breach Security

Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html

Dimitri Yioulos | 22 Jun 20:02 2010

Re: Trustwave Acquires Breach Security and with it ModSecurity

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 1:54:45 pm Brian Rectanus
wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 10:48 AM, Chris Datfung wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Brian
> > Rectanus <Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com
> > <mailto:Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     For those of you who do not already know,
> > Trustwave has acquired Breach Security.  With
> > this acquisition Trustwave has also acquired
> > ModSecurity.
> >

> > Congratulation! What does that mean for
> > future CRS and ModSecurity development?
>
> It means the support of a much bigger company
> behind ModSecurity. I'd love this to be able to
> expand the community, get ModSecurity into more
> places and allow more research and development
> of some long-desired features. It will take
> some time to get things moving, though.
>
> -B
>
> --
> Brian Rectanus
> Breach Security

Brian,

Hope you and the rest of the Breach staff are
remaining on-board.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.

Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html

Júnior Moura | 22 Jun 20:25 2010
Picon

Re: Trustwave Acquires Breach Security and with it ModSecurity

I hope that modsecurity doesn't become another commercial WAF.

wrote:
> On 06/22/2010 10:48 AM, Chris Datfung wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Brian
> > Rectanus <Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com
> > <mailto:Brian.Rectanus <at> breach.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     For those of you who do not already know,
> > Trustwave has acquired Breach Security.  With
> > this acquisition Trustwave has also acquired
> > ModSecurity.
> >

> > Congratulation! What does that mean for
> > future CRS and ModSecurity development?
>
> It means the support of a much bigger company
> behind ModSecurity. I'd love this to be able to
> expand the community, get ModSecurity into more
> places and allow more research and development
> of some long-desired features. It will take
> some time to get things moving, though.
>
> -B
>
> --
> Brian Rectanus
> Breach Security

Brian,

Hope you and the rest of the Breach staff are
remaining on-board.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.

Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html

--
Mensagem verificada pelo sistema de antivírus  da Aser Security.

--
Atenciosamente,

Júnior Moura
CSO - Chief Security Officer
Cel.: +55 (62) 9954 5695
Tel.: +55 (62) 3088 5817
Tel.: +55 (61) 4063 8493
(C) 2004 - 2010 ASER Security
http://www.aser.com.br
Commercial ModSecurity Appliances, Rule Sets and Support:
http://www.modsecurity.org/breach/index.html
Sergio | 22 Jun 20:01 2010
Picon

Re: Trustwave Acquires Breach Security and with it ModSecurity

Congratulations!

Sergio Cabrera