Jack W. Hart | 10 Mar 00:40 2013

EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

As you can see, the cd drive (Drive X) is clearly visible in Windows Explorer but, for some reason, EAC is reporting "No audio CD in drive."  I'm running Windows 7 under Parallels on a Mac but I've used EAC previously in this configuration without a problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jack

__._,_.___

Official Exact Audio Copy web site:  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

__,_._,___
Michael Russell | 10 Mar 01:49 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 17:40:51 -0600, "Jack W. Hart" <jwhart@...>
wrote:

>As you can see, the cd drive (Drive X) is clearly visible in Windows
>Explorer but, for some reason, EAC is reporting "No audio CD in drive."  I'm
>running Windows 7 under Parallels on a Mac but I've used EAC previously in
>this configuration without a problem.  Any suggestions?

In your screen shot Windows Explorer is displaying the disc as a data
disc and not a audio disc. If there is something on the Mac side that is
causing this behavior it may be causing the problem.

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57@...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    eac-digest@...
    eac-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Jack W. Hart | 10 Mar 05:19 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

From: Michael Russell <mrussell57-yWtbtysYrB+LZ21kGMrzwg@public.gmane.org>
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2013 6 :49 PM
To: <eac-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [eac] EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 17:40:51 -0600, "Jack W. Hart" <jwhart-j9pdmedNgrk@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>As you can see, the cd drive (Drive X) is clearly visible in Windows
>Explorer but, for some reason, EAC is reporting "No audio CD in drive." I'm
>running Windows 7 under Parallels on a Mac but I've used EAC previously in
>this configuration without a problem. Any suggestions?

In your screen shot Windows Explorer is displaying the disc as a data
disc and not a audio disc. If there is something on the Mac side that is
causing this behavior it may be causing the problem.

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57-yWtbtysYrB+LZ21kGMrzwg@public.gmane.org

__._,_.___

Official Exact Audio Copy web site:  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

__,_._,___
Michael Russell | 10 Mar 14:34 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:19:03 -0600, "Jack W. Hart" <jwhart@...>
wrote:

>Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

Explorer would list the disc as "Audio CD" and the tracks would be
labeled Track1.cda, track2.cda etc. Explorer doesn't read CD text or
audio CDs itself.

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57@...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    eac-digest@...
    eac-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Patrick Tse | 11 Mar 12:09 2013
Picon

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

Hi Jack

I have similar problem before and here the copy and paste is the solution I got from this forum. Hope it can help either.

EAC OPTIONS - INTERFACE and switch to a different interface.Usually native one goes well, but it is a very drive dependant situation.

Patrick Tse

On 2013/3/10 下午9:34, "Michael Russell" <mrussell57 <at> ameritech.net> wrote:

On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 22:19:03 -0600, "Jack W. Hart" <jwhart-j9pdmedNgrk@public.gmane.org>
wrote:

>Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

Explorer would list the disc as "Audio CD" and the tracks would be
labeled Track1.cda, track2.cda etc. Explorer doesn't read CD text or
audio CDs itself.

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57 <at> ameritech.net

__._,_.___

Official Exact Audio Copy web site:  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

__,_._,___
Jack W. Hart | 12 Mar 00:42 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks Patrick.  On my iMac, simply removing and then re-selecting the DVD player resolved the issue for me.

From: Patrick Tse <lspiraldown-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
Date: Monday, March 11, 2013 5:09 AM
To: <eac-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org>

wrote:

>Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

Explorer would list the disc as "Audio CD" and the tracks would be
labeled Track1.cda, track2.cda etc. Explorer doesn't read CD text or
audio CDs itself.

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57-yWtbtysYrB+LZ21kGMrzwg@public.gmane.org

__._,_.___

Official Exact Audio Copy web site:  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

__,_._,___
Michael Russell | 10 Mar 15:03 2013

wrote:

>Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

I remembered reading something about Parallels ripping recently.
Although its for a different software package it should also effect EAC.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?28156-Configuring-Parallels-%28MAC%29-for-dBpoweramp

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57@...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    eac-digest@...
    eac-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Jack W. Hart | 10 Mar 20:24 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks Mike.  I came across an article on Parallels' site that I remove the CD under devices and then reopen and add the cd player and it worked.

Thanks!

Jack

From: Michael Russell <mrussell57-yWtbtysYrB+LZ21kGMrzwg@public.gmane.org>
Date: Sunday, March 10, 2013 8:03 AM
To: <eac-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw@public.gmane.org>

wrote:

>Where in the screen show do you see WE displaying the disc as a data disc?

I remembered reading something about Parallels ripping recently.
Although its for a different software package it should also effect EAC.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?28156-Configuring-Parallels-%28MAC%29-for-dBpoweramp

--
Michael J. Russell
mrussell57-yWtbtysYrB+LZ21kGMrzwg@public.gmane.org

Official Exact Audio Copy web site:  http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Jack W. Hart | 10 Mar 02:57 2013

Re: EAC not seeing CD in drive under Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks Michael, I'll check that out.

Sent from my iPhone