Peter Hoffmann | 28 Feb 17:17 2011

24/7 recording split into files

Hi,

I want to record the audio line in 24/7 and split it into one hour
files. This question has popped up bevore on this list, but I only
found a statement that this feature is planned for ecasound.

Is  it already implemented? If no, are there any other suggestions on
how to implement this?

At the moment I'm starting a cron job every hour (2 minutes earlier
and wait in a loop to start). It works ok, but I miss arround 1/10 of
a second on the splits.

Regards,
Peter

Nils Doormann | 28 Feb 17:37 2011
Picon

Re: 24/7 recording split into files

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 05:17:59PM +0100, Peter Hoffmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to record the audio line in 24/7 and split it into one hour
> files. This question has popped up bevore on this list, but I only
> found a statement that this feature is planned for ecasound.

Hi Peter,

I recently came across rotter, which is an audio logger that might do what you want, but I've never tested it.
http://www.aelius.com/njh/rotter/

Regards,
Nils

Kai Vehmanen | 12 Mar 15:28 2011

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011, Peter Hoffmann wrote:

> I want to record the audio line in 24/7 and split it into one hour
> files. This question has popped up bevore on this list, but I only
> found a statement that this feature is planned for ecasound.

yes, this is still only in plans. But this is still good input to me (I
try to write down which features get most requests). So when I have time
for feature work (somewhat rare in recent times), I'll prioritize those
items.

> Is  it already implemented? If no, are there any other suggestions on
> how to implement this?
[...]
> At the moment I'm starting a cron job every hour (2 minutes earlier

qarecord might be just what you need. Its a robust recorder like ecasound
and offers an option to split into multiple files (--split option).