5 Jul 2012 06:26
Fwd: [Qemu-discuss] Can't get rid of that white screen on Lion
Stéphane VAXELAIRE <svax <at> free.fr>
2012-07-05 04:26:30 GMT
2012-07-05 04:26:30 GMT
Just for information, I decided to uninstall Jack (using the provided script), rebooted and qemu-system-arm began to work ok (the ones compiled with gcc-4.2 not llvm).
No more hang on white screen, debian arm boots just fine.
Any idea on why Jack could prevent the qemu arm target to work ?
Début du message réexpédié :
De : Stéphane VAXELAIRE <svax <at> free.fr>
Objet : [Qemu-discuss] Can't get rid of that white screen on Lion
Date : 4 juillet 2012 16:01:45 UTC+04:00
It's been weeks I'm looking for information by myself on that, but I can't stand it anymore.
I'm trying to get qemu-system-arm running. the i386 and x64 versions seems to run fine.
From 1.1.0 it compiles without any patch, that's good news.
But I have the same problem as I had with 1.0 and 1.0.1 : qemu-system-arm starts but the window stays white and the program hangs (no response in the Lion task manager).
Though I remember I once got it to run months ago.
I tried the following combinations under Lion 10.7.4 with Xcode 4.3.3 installed (along with command line tools).
Configure is always called like this unless mentioned : ./configure --enable-cocoa --audio-drv-list=coreaudio --target-list=arm-softmmu --disable-sdl --disable-user --cc=Compiler with various compilers and versions
- From official source with llvm-gcc-4.2 (seems to be known not to work / i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2336.9.00))
- From official source with apple-gcc-4.2 (i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3))
- From official source with macports gcc-4.8
- From official source with brew gcc-4.7 (doesn't even compile, there is an error in some apple header if I remember well)
- From official source with brew apple-gcc-4.2 (i686-apple-darwin11-gcc-4.2.1 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3))
- From brew qemu formula with llvm
- From brew qemu formula with apple-gcc-4.2
- From official source with clang and --enable-tcg-interpreter
All giving white screen when trying to run :
qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -cpu arm1176 -m 192 -kernel debian_arm_kernel -initrd debian_arm_initrd.gz -hda debian6-19-04-2012.img -append "root=/dev/sda1"
Kernel and initrd images are valid.
May some system extension interfere with qemu ? I just installed Jack Audio port for Mac OS X that installed system stuff. Besides that I can't see anything else.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, regards.
_______________________________________________ Jack-Devel mailing list Jack-Devel <at> lists.jackaudio.org http://lists.jackaudio.org/listinfo.cgi/jack-devel-jackaudio.org