Dan Stowell | 1 Nov 16:39 2010
Picon

Re: git

Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.

Dan

2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:
> hi all devs,
> nice that we moved over to git,
>
> but the package script doesn't works yet.
>
> vnc
> On 31.10.2010, at 19:25, Miguel Negrao wrote:
>
> Hi tim,
> Don’t know what I did wrong but it wasn’t really worked. Started from
> scratch, this time cloning from sf, then adding a remote in github and now
> everything looks fine.
> thanks
> Miguel
> A 2010/10/31, às 19:07, Tim Blechmann escreveu:
>
> hi miguel,
>
> But I was able to pull from upstream (sf). I’m I doing something wrong ?
>
> hm ... for me this worked fine:
> git remote add sf
> git://supercollider.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/supercollider/supercollider
> git fetch sf

(Continue reading)

Josh Parmenter | 1 Nov 16:50 2010
Picon

Re: git

Dan - were you going to add this to the 3.4 branch as well, or shall I?

Best,

Josh

On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.
>
> Dan
>
> 2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:
>> hi all devs,
>> nice that we moved over to git,
>>
>> but the package script doesn't works yet.
>>
>> vnc
>> On 31.10.2010, at 19:25, Miguel Negrao wrote:
>>
>> Hi tim,
>> Don’t know what I did wrong but it wasn’t really worked. Started from
>> scratch, this time cloning from sf, then adding a remote in github and now
>> everything looks fine.
>> thanks
>> Miguel
>> A 2010/10/31, às 19:07, Tim Blechmann escreveu:
>>
>> hi miguel,
(Continue reading)

Dan Stowell | 1 Nov 17:47 2010
Picon

Re: git

Oh I hadn't thought of that. What do you reckon? If I understand
right, you've already tagged a specific revision as being 3.4.1.

Anyway, these changes are irrelevant for anyone using a source bundle
(only relevant if they check it directly out of git)... I'm undecided,
let me know what you think...

Dan

2010/11/1 Josh Parmenter <josh@...>:
> Dan - were you going to add this to the 3.4 branch as well, or shall I?
>
> Best,
>
> Josh
>
> On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:
>
>> Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> 2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:
>>> hi all devs,
>>> nice that we moved over to git,
>>>
>>> but the package script doesn't works yet.
>>>
>>> vnc
>>> On 31.10.2010, at 19:25, Miguel Negrao wrote:
(Continue reading)

Josh Parmenter | 1 Nov 17:54 2010
Picon

Re: git

well, I imagine we can check it into 3.4.
Can we move tags? Shall I find out?

Josh

On Nov 1, 2010, at 9:47 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:

> Oh I hadn't thought of that. What do you reckon? If I understand
> right, you've already tagged a specific revision as being 3.4.1.
>
> Anyway, these changes are irrelevant for anyone using a source bundle
> (only relevant if they check it directly out of git)... I'm undecided,
> let me know what you think...
>
> Dan
>

> 2010/11/1 Josh Parmenter <josh@...>:
>> Dan - were you going to add this to the 3.4 branch as well, or shall I?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Nov 1, 2010, at 8:39 AM, Dan Stowell wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.
>>>
>>> Dan

(Continue reading)

Tim Blechmann | 1 Nov 18:01 2010

Re: git

> well, I imagine we can check it into 3.4.
> Can we move tags? Shall I find out?

well, while it is technically possible to delete tags and retag, one should not
do it (see the git-tag man page for a discussion). i'd say, cherry-pick the two
commits to the 3.4 branch and package that one as 3.4.1. since this script is
only for the packager and don't matter for the user, who is trying to compile
supercollider, i don't think it really matters ...

cheers, tim

[1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-tag.html

tim@...
http://tim.klingt.org

Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
verbalizing.
  William S. Burroughs
Josh Parmenter | 1 Nov 18:20 2010
Picon

Re: git

OK - I'm just not going to worry about it

Josh

On Nov 1, 2010, at 10:01 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

>> well, I imagine we can check it into 3.4.
>> Can we move tags? Shall I find out?
>
> well, while it is technically possible to delete tags and retag, one should not
> do it (see the git-tag man page for a discussion). i'd say, cherry-pick the two
> commits to the 3.4 branch and package that one as 3.4.1. since this script is
> only for the packager and don't matter for the user, who is trying to compile
> supercollider, i don't think it really matters ...
>
> cheers, tim
>
> [1] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-tag.html
>
> --
> tim@...
> http://tim.klingt.org
>
> Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively
> verbalizing.
>  William S. Burroughs

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/
(Continue reading)

vince | 1 Nov 17:26 2010
Picon

Re: git

it works now, but i've got this error msg posted

vince <at> vbook~/sc_dev/supercollider/common/Packager$ ./package
git: 'st' is not a git-command. See 'git --help'.

Did you mean one of these?
	reset
	stage
	stash
	svn
WARNING: The working copy has uncommitted changes which will NOT be
included in the package.
About box version string: 2010-11-01 (Revision
619ad1f6b1d9b840e61e55b7819be5c7d8b3c448)

On 01.11.2010, at 16:39, Dan Stowell wrote:

> Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.
>
> Dan
>
> 2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:
>> hi all devs,
>> nice that we moved over to git,
>>
>> but the package script doesn't works yet.
>>
>> vnc
>> On 31.10.2010, at 19:25, Miguel Negrao wrote:

(Continue reading)

Dan Stowell | 1 Nov 17:43 2010
Picon

Re: git

Sorry, I used a local shortcut - should be fixed now.

Dan

2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:
> it works now, but i've got this error msg posted
>
> vince <at> vbook~/sc_dev/supercollider/common/Packager$ ./package
> git: 'st' is not a git-command. See 'git --help'.
>
> Did you mean one of these?
>        reset
>        stage
>        stash
>        svn
> WARNING: The working copy has uncommitted changes which will NOT be included
> in the package.
> About box version string: 2010-11-01 (Revision
> 619ad1f6b1d9b840e61e55b7819be5c7d8b3c448)
>

> On 01.11.2010, at 16:39, Dan Stowell wrote:
>
>> Thanks for pointing that out Vince - now updated, please try it out.
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> 2010/11/1 vince <schwarzinger@...>:

(Continue reading)

vince | 1 Nov 17:53 2010