Jakob Leben | 22 Feb 17:15 2012
Picon

Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Hi all,

As we (Tim Blechmann and Jakob Leben) have declared couple of months ago
on the developers' mailing list, we have been seeking institutional support for
development of a new, cross-platform SuperCollider IDE based on the Qt framework.

We are extremely glad to announce that Cyberpipe, at Ljubljana, Slovenia, has
generously offered us support in form of a developer/artist residency. Cyberpipe
is a cultural center that functions as an important catalyst for the Slovenian
cybernetic scene and fosters creative and critical approaches in the age of the
information society.

Next week we are starting the residency at Cyberpipe with laying out the foundations
for the new IDE, and a public presentation of our plans, as well as introducing the
recent development of SuperCollider to the local community. Following that,
Cyberpipe will host Jakob and perhaps Tim during the summer months of July
and August, for intensive work on the IDE.

As we would like to shift the trend of SuperCollider development towards a faster
release cycle, we are planning to release the next version (3.6) in September
this year, with the new IDE as the major targeted feature. Moreover, this year's
ICMC will be hosted in Ljubljana from 9 to 15 September, and we see it as a
a great opportunity to synchronize the 3.6 release with it. Hence, the first two
weeks of September are planned for a coding sprint towards 3.6, which will hopefully
conclude in a release performance/party during the ICMC 2012.

We will take this residency as an opportunity to enrich local Slovenian scene with
and help to involve it in the world of SuperCollider. We will also set up information
channels online to report on the progress of the new IDE development.

Tim Blechmann
Jakob Leben
Luka Prinčič - the Cyberpipe program director
thor | 22 Feb 18:17 2012
Picon

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Great news. Respect to Cyberpipe.

Did you consider using something like Kickstarter for this work?

here is a random project:

[...]

Jakob Leben | 22 Feb 18:27 2012
Picon

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Did you consider using something like Kickstarter for this work?

Yes, we have in plan to attempt some kind of crowd funding campaign as well, but we haven't yet charted this down...
Josh Parmenter | 22 Feb 18:24 2012
Picon

Re: [sc-dev] Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

excellent.... congrats!
Josh

[...]

/* Joshua D. Parmenter
http://www.realizedsound.net/josh/

“Every composer – at all times and in all cases – gives his own interpretation of how modern society is structured: whether actively or passively, consciously or unconsciously, he makes choices in this regard. He may be conservative or he may subject himself to continual renewal; or he may strive for a revolutionary, historical or social palingenesis." - Luigi Nono
*/

yvan volochine | 22 Feb 18:28 2012

On 02/22/2012 11:15 AM, Jakob Leben wrote:
> As we (Tim Blechmann and Jakob Leben) have declared couple of months ago
> on the developers' mailing list, we have been seeking institutional support
> for
> development of a new, cross-platform SuperCollider IDE based on the Qt
> framework.
>
> We are extremely glad to announce that Cyberpipe, at Ljubljana, Slovenia,
> has
> generously offered us support in form of a developer/artist residency.

wooow, congrats =)

yvan.volochine@...
http://yvanvolochine.com

Dan Stowell | 22 Feb 22:06 2012
Picon

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Congrats! Good work both!

(Also ICMC will be in Ljubljana http://www.icmc2012.si/ hmmmmm)

Dan

2012/2/22 Jakob Leben <jakob.leben@...>:
> Hi all,
>
> As we (Tim Blechmann and Jakob Leben) have declared couple of months ago
> on the developers' mailing list, we have been seeking institutional support
> for
> development of a new, cross-platform SuperCollider IDE based on the Qt
> framework.
>
> We are extremely glad to announce that Cyberpipe, at Ljubljana, Slovenia,
> has
> generously offered us support in form of a developer/artist residency.
> Cyberpipe
> is a cultural center that functions as an important catalyst for the
> Slovenian
> cybernetic scene and fosters creative and critical approaches in the age of
> the
> information society.
>
> Next week we are starting the residency at Cyberpipe with laying out the
> foundations
> for the new IDE, and a public presentation of our plans, as well as
> introducing the
> recent development of SuperCollider to the local community. Following that,
> Cyberpipe will host Jakob and perhaps Tim during the summer months of July
> and August, for intensive work on the IDE.
>
> As we would like to shift the trend of SuperCollider development towards a
> faster
> release cycle, we are planning to release the next version (3.6) in
> September
> this year, with the new IDE as the major targeted feature. Moreover, this
> year's
> ICMC will be hosted in Ljubljana from 9 to 15 September, and we see it as a
> a great opportunity to synchronize the 3.6 release with it. Hence, the first
> two
> weeks of September are planned for a coding sprint towards 3.6, which will
> hopefully
> conclude in a release performance/party during the ICMC 2012.
>
> We will take this residency as an opportunity to enrich local Slovenian
> scene with
> and help to involve it in the world of SuperCollider. We will also set up
> information
> channels online to report on the progress of the new IDE development.
>
> Tim Blechmann
> Jakob Leben
> Luka Prinčič - the Cyberpipe program director

http://www.mcld.co.uk

Lucas Samaruga | 23 Feb 01:18 2012
Picon

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Congratulations!!!

2012/2/22 Jakob Leben <jakob.leben@...>:
> Hi all,
>
> As we (Tim Blechmann and Jakob Leben) have declared couple of months ago
> on the developers' mailing list, we have been seeking institutional support
> for
> development of a new, cross-platform SuperCollider IDE based on the Qt
> framework.

ah! I didn't know about this, trash my hghlghtr then, is not really good :-)

Fredrik Olofsson | 22 Feb 18:20 2012

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

very exciting news!
congrats and thanks to Cyberpipe.
_f

  #|
  |#

Marc Demers | 22 Feb 19:03 2012
Picon

RE: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Fantastic...

Re: Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia & the future SuperCollider development

Congratulations! and thanks to Cyberpipe <at> Slovenia for hosting this initiative!

Best,

Fantastic...