R. Jacob Baker | 13 Sep 06:37 2013
Picon

Installing IRSIM

Has anybody had luck (lately) using IRSIM following the instructions, see 12, I wrote at:

I am getting, in the Electric Message Window,

Exception while loading plugin class 'menus.SunAsyncMenu' for menu option

IRSIM isn't showing up in the menu Tools -> Simulation (Built-in) as it did when I last used it several years ago.

Also, when I use 8.3 filename per these directions, that is, PROGRA~2

"C:\PROGRA~2\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -classpath "C:\Electric\electric-9.04.jar;C:\Electric\electricSFS-9.04.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher

it automatically changes to the following after I hit OK after editing the icon's properties

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -classpath "C:\Electric\electric-9.04.jar;C:\Electric\electricSFS-9.04.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher

Funny thing is if I use the later path I get an error in the path (invalid path)!?

I want to make sure the directions on the link above are correct so please help if you can.

Thank you.
--
http://cmosedu.com/jbaker/jbaker.htm

Lean Karlo Tolentino | 13 Sep 06:59 2013
Picon

Re: Installing IRSIM

Hello, sir.

I also use the following target for IRSIM and it works:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -classpath "C:\Electric\electric-9.04.jar;C:\Electric\electricSFS-9.04.jar" com.sun.electric.Launcher

I installed Electric in Windows 8 version.

I am still figuring out the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Lean

[...]

sudheer k Muhammed | 13 Sep 13:54 2013
Picon

Re: Installing IRSIM

Hi Baker Sir;
There is a work around
make a folder named lib where u have electric jar file
cd in to that folder
put other jar files(other than electric in  lib folder(irsim ) {infact u can put all plug in like bsh etc in that}
then give

>>java -cp "electric-9.04.jar;lib/*" com.sun.electric.Launcher

works fine for me on winxp with newest electric and irsim plugin 9.04

please let me know if it works at ur end

bye

[...]

sudheer k Muhammed | 13 Sep 06:54 2013
Picon

Re: Installing IRSIM

hi baker;
as far as i know irsim has only cygwin install files for windows

can u try installing java where there is no space in the path string and see

good luck