Mithat Konar | 5 May 23:23 2012
Picon

Pcbnew: how to set a net's class?

I am trying to assign nets to net classes. When I open Design Rules -> Design Rules, I can easily add Net
Classes. But in the middle of the dialog there are two lists of Nets and and their corresponding Classes
that I cannot figure out for the life of me. Both seem to be read only lists of all nets where all nets are set to
Default. Is this a bug or am I not getting something?

Debian Wheezy
Application: Pcbnew
Version: (2012-jan-04)-stable
Build: wxWidgets 2.8.12 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.6.3,wx
containers,compatible with 2.6)
Platform: Linux 3.2.0-2-686-pae i686, 32 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
         KICAD_GOST=OFF
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         USE_BOOST_POLYGON_LIBRARY

-Mithat

Ivica Kvasina | 6 May 02:39 2012
Picon

Re: Pcbnew: how to set a net's class?

first you need to create some net-classes (more than the default one).
once you set them up, it's time to assign nets to each of the classes.
bellow are two large panes (left and right). both lists work the same way.
it doesn't matter which one is which.

suppose you are decide to use left pane as a source and right one as destination.
on top of each pane is filter in form of pull-down list (combo box).
pick "All" in the left pane, pick particular netclass in the right one.
then transfer specific nets from left pane to the right one.

then pick another class in the right pane and keep shuffling the nets to your liking...

I am trying to assign nets to net classes. When I open Design Rules -> Design Rules, I can easily add Net Classes. But in the middle of the dialog there are two lists of Nets and and their corresponding Classes that I cannot figure out for the life of me. Both seem to be read only lists of all nets where all nets are set to Default. Is this a bug or am I not getting something?

Debian Wheezy
Application: Pcbnew
Version: (2012-jan-04)-stable
Build: wxWidgets 2.8.12 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.6.3,wx containers,compatible with 2.6)
Platform: Linux 3.2.0-2-686-pae i686, 32 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
         KICAD_GOST=OFF
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         USE_BOOST_POLYGON_LIBRARY

-Mithat

__._,_.___

Please read the Kicad FAQ in the group files section before posting your question.
Please post your bug reports here. They will be picked up by the creator of Kicad.
Please visit http://www.kicadlib.org for details of how to contribute your symbols/modules to the kicad library.

__,_._,___
keruseykaryu | 6 May 07:58 2012

Ivica Kvasina <kvasina <at> ...> wrote:

> first you need to create some net-classes (more than the default
> one). once you set them up, it's time to assign nets to each of
> the classes.

I have a hint to improve this. Before net list generation, take care to assign labels for the important
signals on schematic. Why?
This way you know where are your main nets which you (maybe) want to assign to the other classes. Also when you
change your schematic in the future, the net list generation process might this time produce a different
net names and your current assignment may fail. By using labels you avoid this.

Kerusey Karyu

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    kicad-users-digest@...
    kicad-users-fullfeatured@...

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Mithat Konar | 6 May 12:22 2012
Picon

Re: Pcbnew: how to set a net's class?

Thanks! FWIW, I wasn't able to find this in the help file. Do documentation exclusions go to the standard bug
reporting list?

-M

<kicad-users@...>

<kicad-users@...>