Matt Harvey | 15 Jun 21:17 2013

pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 : "Problem with creating server data strucutre"

Hi,

I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13 Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.

no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and in left in an active (scheduling) state.

After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:

pbs_statserver failed: 15033
Problem with creating server data strucutre

According to the admin manual this error is:

PBSE_NOCONNECTS 15033 No free connections

From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a connection to the pbs_server.

Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I have some misconfiguration?

Thanks,

Matt
jupiter | 18 Jun 03:15 2013
Picon

Re: pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 : "Problem with creating server data strucutre"

I have the same error message when I installed 4.2.3, the pbs_sched
does not work, jobs sit in queue. Any clues?

Thanks.

Kind regards.

On 6/16/13, Matt Harvey <m.j.harvey <at> acellera.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13
> Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and
> restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.
>
> no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and
> in left in an active (scheduling) state.
>
> After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's
> sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:
>
> pbs_statserver failed: 15033
> Problem with creating server data strucutre
>
> According to the admin manual this error is:
>
> PBSE_NOCONNECTS 15033 No free connections
>
> >From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a
> connection to the pbs_server.
>
> Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I
> have some misconfiguration?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Sam West | 23 Aug 17:44 2013
Picon

Re: pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 :

jupiter <jupiter.hce <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have the same error message when I installed 4.2.3, the pbs_sched
> does not work, jobs sit in queue. Any clues?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind regards.

I am having the same problem with ver 4.2.4.   Has this been resolved?

- s.west
Sam West | 22 Aug 20:07 2013

Matt Harvey <m.j.harvey <at> acellera.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13
Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and
restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.

> no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and
in left in an active (scheduling) state.

> After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's
sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:

> pbs_statserver failed: 15033
> Problem with creating server data strucutre
>

> According to the admin manual this error is:
>
> PBSE_NOCONNECTS	15033	No free connections
>

> From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a
connection to the pbs_server.

> Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I
have some misconfiguration?

> Thanks,
>
> Matt

I am also having this problem.  Did you ever resolve it?

Thanks.

- s.west

Sam West | 23 Aug 19:13 2013
Picon

Re: pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 : "Problem with creating server data strucutre"

Matt Harvey <m.j.harvey <at> acellera.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13
Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and
restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.

> no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and
in left in an active (scheduling) state.

> After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's
sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:

> pbs_statserver failed: 15033
> Problem with creating server data strucutre
>

> According to the admin manual this error is:
>
> PBSE_NOCONNECTS	15033	No free connections
>

> From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a
connection to the pbs_server.

> Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I
have some misconfiguration?

> Thanks,
>
> Matt

According to the source code, this is PBSE_PROTOCOL, not PBSE_NOCONNECTS...

- s.west

Gus Correa | 23 Aug 19:35 2013

Re: pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 : "Problem with creating server data strucutre"

Hi Sam, all

For what it is worth, I couldn't get Torque 4.X.Y.Z to work
with pbs_sched.
It does work with Maui, though.
Please, see this thread:
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-July/015919.html

I hope it helps,
Gus Correa

On 08/23/2013 01:13 PM, Sam West wrote:
> Matt Harvey<m.j.harvey<at>  acellera.com>  writes:
>

>> Hi,
>> I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13
> Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and
> restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.
>>
>> no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and
> in left in an active (scheduling) state.
>>
>> After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's
> sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:
>>

>> pbs_statserver failed: 15033
>> Problem with creating server data strucutre
>>

>> According to the admin manual this error is:
>>
>> PBSE_NOCONNECTS	15033	No free connections
>>

>>  From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a
> connection to the pbs_server.
>>
>> Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I
> have some misconfiguration?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt

> According to the source code, this is PBSE_PROTOCOL, not PBSE_NOCONNECTS...
>
> - s.west

Ken Nielson | 23 Aug 21:42 2013

Re: pbs_sched ver 4.2.3.1 : "Problem with creating server data strucutre"

We will take a look at this.

Ken

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Gus Correa <gus <at> ldeo.columbia.edu> wrote:
Hi Sam, all

For what it is worth, I couldn't get Torque 4.X.Y.Z to work
with pbs_sched.
It does work with Maui, though.
Please, see this thread:
http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2013-July/015919.html

I hope it helps,
Gus Correa

On 08/23/2013 01:13 PM, Sam West wrote:
> Matt Harvey<m.j.harvey<at>  acellera.com>  writes:
>

>> Hi,
>> I've just updated a torque installation from 2.5.9 to 4.2.3.1 (release 13
> Jul 13).  To update, all daemons were replaced by the new versions and
> restarted. I also started the new trqauthd.
>>
>> no changes were made to the qmgr config, which was previously working and
> in left in an active (scheduling) state.
>>
>> After the update scheduling did not appear to be working. The pbs_sched's
> sched_out file contains the following two lines repeated:
>>

>> pbs_statserver failed: 15033
>> Problem with creating server data strucutre
>>

>> According to the admin manual this error is:
>>
>> PBSE_NOCONNECTS      15033   No free connections
>>

>>  From inspecting /proc/pid/fd  is is clear the pbs_sched has made a
> connection to the pbs_server.
>>
>> Is the pbs_sched in the new release broken, or does the error suggest I
> have some misconfiguration?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matt

> According to the source code, this is PBSE_PROTOCOL, not PBSE_NOCONNECTS...
>
> - s.west

Ken Nielson
+1 801.717.3700 office +1 801.717.3738 fax
1712 S. East Bay Blvd, Suite 300  Provo, UT  84606
www.adaptivecomputing.com