Sylvie Greverend | 10 May 00:39 2012
Picon

[Tiki-devel] tiki8 / tiki9 : local admin perm fixed

Looking for the commit that fixed permission on tracker.

Nobody has tiki_p_admin_tracker. One group has that for a tracker.
tiki8: you can not add a field - blank screen in the popup
tiki9: you can
the tiki-ajax_services look the same, suppose it is a fix around a post (the trackerid) promoted back to consideration
Thank you

Filipus Klutiero | 10 May 00:58 2012
Picon

Re: [Tiki-devel] tiki8 / tiki9 : local admin perm fixed

On 2012-05-09 18:39, Sylvie Greverend wrote:
> Looking for the commit that fixed permission on tracker.
> Nobody has tiki_p_admin_tracker. One group has that for a tracker.
> tiki8: you can not add a field - blank screen in the popup
> tiki9: you can
> the tiki-ajax_services look the same, suppose it is a fix around a
> post (the trackerid) promoted back to consideration
> Thank you

Hi Sylvie!
See http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/tikiwiki/changeset/40136

Live Security Virtual Conference
Desilets, Alain | 10 May 03:19 2012
Picon

[Tiki-devel] UTF8 problem when migrating data to a different server

I have a tiki installation on one machine, and am trying to migrate it to a different machine. Some of the pages in the DB contain accented french characters. No matter what I try, the accented chars end up being messed up in the target installation.

I have looked in the doc for tiki backup and restoration, and couldn't find a solution to this problem.

- The two installation run Tiki 7.1
- On both installation, the encoding for the SQL connection is utf8_general_ci.

I tried migrating the data in several ways.

== Way 1: SSH export + ASCII FTP + SSH import ==

- I SSH on the source server
- mysqldump -uUUU -pPPPP source_db_name > sitename-date.sql
- FTP the .sql file to my laptop, in ASCII mode
- FTP the .sql file from laptop to target server
- SSH to the target server
- mysql -uUUU -pPPP target_db_name < sitename-date.sql

I also tried this with the --default-character-set=utf8 option when importing the sql (last line above).

Neither worked.

== Way 2: Export from PhpMyAdmin + Import from PhpMyAdmin ==

- Go to Cpanel on the source server
- Using PhpMyAdmin, do an Export of the DB, saving the sql to a file
- Go to Cpanel on the target server
- Using PhpMyAdmin, do an Import of the DB, reading the sql from the same file

Didn't work either

Dunno what else to try. In the past, I was able to do this by editing the .sql file, and doing some global substitution of accented chars that had been doubly encoded. But this time around, I'm not even able to do that. For some reason, when I do a search in the file using Notepad++, it freezes.

Any hints or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Alain

Xavier de Pedro | 10 May 12:13 2012

Re: [Tiki-devel] UTF8 problem when migrating data to a different server

Alain, no idea for sure, but you can try this seting the charset also ar export time, as explained here:
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?103,275798,281015#msg-281015

Check also the tricks done by other people from other cms that were having potentially similar issues to yours:
http://alexking.org/blog/2008/03/06/mysql-latin1-utf8-conversion

Good luck

Xavi

<!--P { MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px } -->
[...]

Kassem Moustapha | 10 May 13:23 2012
Picon

Re: [Tiki-devel] UTF8 problem when migrating data to a different server

Classification: PUBLIC

Did you force the use of UTF in the installer?

PUBLIC

This email was classified by Kassem Moustapha on May 10, 2012 7:23:23 AM.

[...]

Leu | 16 Jun 10:25 2012

Re: [Tiki-devel] UTF8 problem when migrating data to a different server

Hi Alain,

am 10.05.2012 03:19 schrieb Desilets, Alain:

sorry for my very very late answer but I see you question right now.

> I have a tiki installation on one machine, and am trying to migrate it
> to a different machine. Some of the pages in the DB contain accented
> french characters. No matter what I try, the accented chars end up being
> messed up in the target installation.

Does your problem still exist?

IMHO, please give HeidiSQL a try. http://www.heidisql.com/
I use this tool to copy my databases "around the world"...

Set up the two database, try to connect to the source and target-DB and
when everything works fine, close the target-db.
Use the export-function (Export as sql) from heidi, enter the target (->
the target-database) and go.

In my use cases this works very well!

Cheers:>Leu

-Turn to the tiki way of life!-