piotr kotlinski | 11 Jul 10:24 2003
Picon

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP message: missing GIOP magic key minor code: 1330577425

  Hi,

I'm using  JDK 1.3 from Sun,Orbacus 4.1.2  and Linux platform.

 From time to time I'm getting  " org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP
message: missing GIOP magic key  minor code: 1330577425" exception.

I have read all mails in archive and I have tought that this problem is
already solved in Orbacus 4.1.4.

Regards,

Piotr

Visit our support FAQ before you send a message.
http://www.orbacus.com/faq/support.html

Michael Bricout | 11 Jul 15:13 2003

Re: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP message: missing GIOP magic key minor code: 1330577425

Hi Piotr,

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:24:33AM +0200, piotr kotlinski wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> I'm using  JDK 1.3 from Sun,Orbacus 4.1.2  and Linux platform.
>
>  From time to time I'm getting  " org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP
> message: missing GIOP magic key  minor code: 1330577425" exception.
>
> I have read all mails in archive and I have tought that this problem is
> already solved in Orbacus 4.1.4.

All known issues reported earlier on this mailing regarding this symptom
have been fixed and the changes incorporated into ORBacus 4.1.2. This must
be a different issue.

Could you tell us more about the conditions in which the error occurs?
Any chance you could provide some compilable code that reproduces it?

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Bricout                       E-Mail: michael.bricout <at> iona.com
IONA                                  WWW:    http://www.orbacus.com
Making Software Work Together (tm)    Phone:  (709) 738-3725 x 19

piotr kotlinski | 11 Jul 15:52 2003
Picon

michael.bricout <at> iona.com wrote:

>Hi Piotr,
>
>On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 10:24:33AM +0200, piotr kotlinski wrote:
>

>>  Hi,
>>
>>I'm using  JDK 1.3 from Sun,Orbacus 4.1.2  and Linux platform.
>>
>> From time to time I'm getting  " org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP
>>message: missing GIOP magic key  minor code: 1330577425" exception.
>>
>>I have read all mails in archive and I have tought that this problem is
>>already solved in Orbacus 4.1.4.
>>

>All known issues reported earlier on this mailing regarding this symptom
>have been fixed and the changes incorporated into ORBacus 4.1.2. This must
>be a different issue.
>
>Could you tell us more about the conditions in which the error occurs?
>Any chance you could provide some compilable code that reproduces it?
>
>Best regards,
>Michael
(Continue reading)

Michael Bricout | 14 Jul 14:57 2003

On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 03:52:40PM +0200, piotr kotlinski wrote:

> > > I'm using  JDK 1.3 from Sun,Orbacus 4.1.2  and Linux platform.
> > >
> > > From time to time I'm getting  " org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP
> > > message: missing GIOP magic key  minor code: 1330577425" exception.
> > >
> > > I have read all mails in archive and I have tought that this problem is
> > > already solved in Orbacus 4.1.4.
> >
> > [...]
> > All known issues reported earlier on this mailing regarding this symptom
> > have been fixed and the changes incorporated into ORBacus 4.1.2. This must
> > be a different issue.
> >
> > Could you tell us more about the conditions in which the error occurs?
> > Any chance you could provide some compilable code that reproduces it?
> >

> [...]
> I'll try to give more details .
>
> I'm getting this exception on client side.
> The client side runs with Orbacus 4.1.2 but the server side works wiht
> Orbacus 4.0.5.
> Maybe this is the reason ?
>
> Client is multithreaded,I mean sometime there are to 70 threads  woking
(Continue reading)

piotr kotlinski | 14 Jul 17:45 2003
Picon

Re: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP message: missing GIOP magic key minor code: 1330577425

>There should not be any interoperability issue between server-side 4.0.5
>and client-side 4.1.2.
>
>I would like to run a quick test and try to reproduce the error you
>reported: this would be easier and more reliable if you could provide
>more insight on your application. For instance, I would like to see how
>you handle thread concurency in your client application. Even a snapshot
>of some of your code would help.
>
>Best regards,
>Michael

I have attached a three files with source code. For sure this does not
compile but at least the base idea is shown there.
I hope it will help.  Maybe I'm really doing something wrong thread
concurency.
Thanks for interest.

Best regards

Piotr

(Continue reading)

Michael Bricout | 14 Jul 20:13 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:45:17PM +0200, piotr kotlinski wrote:
> I have attached a three files with source code. For sure this does not
> compile but at least the base idea is shown there.
> I hope it will help.  Maybe I'm really doing something wrong thread
> concurency.
> Thanks for interest.

Thank you for the additional information. I understand the logic of
the code sample you sent me, and I do not see anything wrong with it so
far, except for the very obvious "if (iSellManager = null)" in
Connection.java, line 60, which I assume is not in your production code.
You may want to verify that only one iSellManager instance can get
created.

As well, I assume that "iConn.getSellManager().sell(this.iSomethingToSell)"
should be "iConn.getControllerFactory().sell(this.iSomethingToSell)".

What about your server? Which threading model does it use?
Which version of Java do you use on the client and the server sides?
Is there any code I can see?

Where does the exception originate from? getSellManager, or sell? Can
send the stack trace?

Best regards,
Michael

(Continue reading)

piotr kotlinski | 15 Jul 11:28 2003
Picon

Re: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: not a GIOP message: missing GIOP magic key minor code: 1330577425

michael.bricout <at> iona.com wrote:

>Hi Piotr,
>
>On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 05:45:17PM +0200, piotr kotlinski wrote:
>

>>I have attached a three files with source code. For sure this does not
>>compile but at least the base idea is shown there.
>>I hope it will help.  Maybe I'm really doing something wrong thread
>>concurency.
>>Thanks for interest.
>>

>Thank you for the additional information. I understand the logic of
>the code sample you sent me, and I do not see anything wrong with it so
>far, except for the very obvious "if (iSellManager = null)" in
>Connection.java, line 60, which I assume is not in your production code.
>You may want to verify that only one iSellManager instance can get
>created.
>
>As well, I assume that "iConn.getSellManager().sell(this.iSomethingToSell)"
>should be "iConn.getControllerFactory().sell(this.iSomethingToSell)".
>
>What about your server? Which threading model does it use?
>Which version of Java do you use on the client and the server sides?
>Is there any code I can see?
(Continue reading)

Michael Bricout | 15 Jul 15:18 2003