Edward Capriolo | 21 Nov 20:18 2011
Picon

Update column family to SerializingCacheProvider not working

Apache Cassandra 0.8.7. It seems that changing  row_cache_provider is a no-op. Or am I doing something wrong?

[default <at> SegmentData] use SegmentData;
Authenticated to keyspace: SegmentData
[default <at> SegmentData] show schema;
create keyspace SegmentData
with placement_strategy = 'SimpleStrategy'
and strategy_options = [{replication_factor : 3}];

[default <at> SegmentData] show schema;
create keyspace SegmentData
with placement_strategy = 'SimpleStrategy'
and strategy_options = [{replication_factor : 3}];

use SegmentData;

create column family SegmentData
with column_type = 'Standard'
and comparator = 'BytesType'
and default_validation_class = 'BytesType'
and key_validation_class = 'BytesType'
and memtable_operations = 2.0
and memtable_throughput = 253
and memtable_flush_after = 1440
and rows_cached = 0.0
and row_cache_save_period = 0
and keys_cached = 2000000.0
and key_cache_save_period = 14400
and read_repair_chance = 0.1
and gc_grace = 259200
and min_compaction_threshold = 4
and max_compaction_threshold = 32
and replicate_on_write = false
and row_cache_provider = 'ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider';

update column family SegmentData with row_cache_provider=SerializingCacheProvider;

update column family SegmentData with row_cache_provider='SerializingCacheProvider';
f6753c40-146b-11e1-0000-9f306ef597fe

[default <at> SegmentData] show schema;
create column family SegmentData
with column_type = 'Standard'
and comparator = 'BytesType'
and default_validation_class = 'BytesType'
and key_validation_class = 'BytesType'
and memtable_operations = 2.0
and memtable_throughput = 253
and memtable_flush_after = 1440
and rows_cached = 0.0
and row_cache_save_period = 0
and keys_cached = 2000000.0
and key_cache_save_period = 14400
and read_repair_chance = 0.1
and gc_grace = 259200
and min_compaction_threshold = 4
and max_compaction_threshold = 32
and replicate_on_write = false
and row_cache_provider = 'ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider';

Jonathan Ellis | 21 Nov 21:14 2011
Picon

Re: Update column family to SerializingCacheProvider not working

Yes, that's fixed for 0.8.8 in CASSANDRA-3414.

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
http://www.datastax.com

Gmane