mariuz | 23 Aug 21:40 2011
Picon

pdo related bugs for php 5.4

Via rasmus 
Could we all bookmark

http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_5_4&func=tests

and visit it daily from now on? I'd like to see this go to 0 before we
release the first 5.4 beta later this year
In our case is all about pdo related bugs

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    firebird-php-digest@... 
    firebird-php-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    firebird-php-unsubscribe@...

(Continue reading)

Lester Caine | 23 Aug 22:22 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

mariuz wrote:
> http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_5_4&func=tests
>
> and visit it daily from now on? I'd like to see this go to 0 before we
> release the first 5.4 beta later this year
> In our case is all about pdo related bugs

The interbase bugs HAD been cleared at one point, not sure why they are back 
again. I'll try and dig out my notes but that was a few years back!

On PDO I'm curious as to why firebird bugs would be setting things based on the 
oci or mysql driver? *AH* A quick scan would beg the question as to how SQL 
specific bugs can be applied to databases that they do not relate to? It seems 
that the Firebird bugs are mainly trying to apply other bug reports to Firebird 
without any attempt to fix the SQL differences - which sort of defeats the point 
of applying the bug? I think the first problem is identifying each bug and 
working out if it even applies to Firebird?

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=38253 is a starting point ... would appear to be 
an sqlite problem, and 'some error message' looks fun to test for?

https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=34630 is even more fun since it tries to use a 
varchar field in the test file - and load a blob.

I think we need to bounce this back and ask how the test process is supposed to 
work when each database does expect different SQL, since PDO totally ignores 
that side of the jigsaw?

--

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
(Continue reading)

Lester Caine | 23 Aug 22:51 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

Lester Caine wrote:
> The interbase bugs HAD been cleared at one point, not sure why they are back
> again. I'll try and dig out my notes but that was a few years back!

Found it
http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/message/3088

003.phpt just needs the results fixed ...

006.phpt works OK for me on 2.1.4 but need to check again ...

--

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk//
Firebird - http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

(Continue reading)

mariuz | 12 Sep 16:47 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:51:55PM +0100, Lester Caine wrote:
> Lester Caine wrote:
> > The interbase bugs HAD been cleared at one point, not sure why they are back
> > again. I'll try and dig out my notes but that was a few years back!
> 
> Found it
> http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/message/3088
> 
> 003.phpt just needs the results fixed ...
> 
> 006.phpt works OK for me on 2.1.4 but need to check again ... 
003,006 fixed also the rowCount from pdo 

what is left is the common pdo tests
and 007

after that there are lots of compiling warnings and deprecated api usage
http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_HEAD&func=compile_results

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Continue reading)

Lester Caine | 12 Sep 17:12 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

mariuz wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:51:55PM +0100, Lester Caine wrote:
>> Lester Caine wrote:
>>> The interbase bugs HAD been cleared at one point, not sure why they are back
>>> again. I'll try and dig out my notes but that was a few years back!
>>
>> Found it
>> http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/message/3088
>>
>> 003.phpt just needs the results fixed ...
>>
>> 006.phpt works OK for me on 2.1.4 but need to check again ...
> 003,006 fixed also the rowCount from pdo
>
> what is left is the common pdo tests
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=55663

> and 007
That one is not repeatable on any of the FB setups here.

> after that there are lots of compiling warnings and deprecated api usage
> http://gcov.php.net/viewer.php?version=PHP_HEAD&func=compile_results
Those comes up on most packages on my setup here ;)

--

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
(Continue reading)

Lester Caine | 12 Sep 17:34 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

mariuz

I am right in thinking that firebird does not support named parameters in the 
way that pdo expects them to work? IBObjects provides me with this, but rewrites 
the SQL before submitting. I have always worked on the premiss that PDO does not 
rewrite the sql provided, so providing it in the same way is not possible?

All my PHP stuff builds an array of parameters in parallel with the '?' in the 
sql, so I never hit this :)

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk//
Firebird - http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Continue reading)

Lester Caine | 12 Sep 17:40 2011
Picon

Re: pdo related bugs for php 5.4

mariuz

Just syncing up with SVN ( via hg ;) )
The 003 bug fix needs to be applied to 5.3 and trunk as well.
Historic data on this is that the field name changed in fb2.1

-- 
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Contact - http://lsces.co.uk/wiki/?page=contact
L.S.Caine Electronic Services - http://lsces.co.uk
EnquirySolve - http://enquirysolve.com/
Model Engineers Digital Workshop - http://medw.co.uk//
Firebird - http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
(Continue reading)


Gmane