Mohit Anchlia | 30 Apr 21:25 2012
Picon

Specifying OR condition in hector

Is there a way to query on 2 different slice predicates in one query call? for eg: col name A.* and col name B.*

I asked it before but didn't get reply and I don't see anything in hector that supports this. Just wondering if this can easily be added?
Nate McCall | 30 Apr 21:43 2012
Picon

Re: Specifying OR condition in hector

Nope - you effectively have to do a merge-join on the client.

An API wrapping this up at least at the interface definition level
would be pretty slick though.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Mohit Anchlia
<mohitanchlia@...> wrote:
> Is there a way to query on 2 different slice predicates in one query call?
> for eg: col name A.* and col name B.*
>
> I asked it before but didn't get reply and I don't see anything in hector
> that supports this. Just wondering if this can easily be added?

Mohit Anchlia | 30 Apr 21:48 2012
Picon

Re: Specifying OR condition in hector

I wonder how CQL would do this if it's not supported at Thrift level? Or may CQL doesn't support anOR condition?

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to query on 2 different slice predicates in one query call?
> for eg: col name A.* and col name B.*
>
> I asked it before but didn't get reply and I don't see anything in hector
> that supports this. Just wondering if this can easily be added?

Picon

Re: Specifying OR condition in hector

I guess there's no support for OR condition on cql:

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql/CQL.html#SELECT

I wonder how CQL would do this if it's not supported at Thrift level? Or may CQL doesn't support anOR condition?

Nope - you effectively have to do a merge-join on the client.

An API wrapping this up at least at the interface definition level
would be pretty slick though.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to query on 2 different slice predicates in one query call?
> for eg: col name A.* and col name B.*
>
> I asked it before but didn't get reply and I don't see anything in hector
> that supports this. Just wondering if this can easily be added?

Picon

Re: Specifying OR condition in hector

BTW, take care with cql statements. Mainly those which doesn't use any condition.

I guess there's no support for OR condition on cql:

http://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql/CQL.html#SELECT

I wonder how CQL would do this if it's not supported at Thrift level? Or may CQL doesn't support anOR condition?

Nope - you effectively have to do a merge-join on the client.

An API wrapping this up at least at the interface definition level
would be pretty slick though.

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Is there a way to query on 2 different slice predicates in one query call?
> for eg: col name A.* and col name B.*
>
> I asked it before but didn't get reply and I don't see anything in hector
> that supports this. Just wondering if this can easily be added?

Gmane