Randy | 22 Jul 20:47 2010
Picon

Install from src on freebsd 7.3

Greetings all,

I am following this tutorial on installing from source on freebsd:

http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+for+FreeBSD

and when I run scons Im getting the following library error:

Checking for C library mozjs... no
Checking for C library js... no
Checking for C library js_static... no
can't find or link against library ['mozjs', 'js', 'js_static'] in ['/
usr/local/lib']

Is this referring to spider monkey or something else?

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

-Randy

Eliot Horowitz | 22 Jul 20:51 2010
Picon

Re: Install from src on freebsd 7.3

Did you
$ cd /usr/ports/lang/spidermonkey && make && make install
If so - not sure why spidermonkey isn't being detected.
Its a bit weird though - so you may want to compile it from source
http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+Spider+Monkey

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Randy <randymorse@...> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am following this tutorial on installing from source on freebsd:
>
> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+for+FreeBSD
>
> and when I run scons Im getting the following library error:
>
> Checking for C library mozjs... no
> Checking for C library js... no
> Checking for C library js_static... no
> can't find or link against library ['mozjs', 'js', 'js_static'] in ['/
> usr/local/lib']
>
> Is this referring to spider monkey or something else?
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Randy
>
>
(Continue reading)

Randy Morse | 22 Jul 20:56 2010
Picon

Re: Install from src on freebsd 7.3

Elliot,

Thank you, Ill try that instead.

-Randy

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Eliot Horowitz
<eliothorowitz@...> wrote:
> Did you
> $ cd /usr/ports/lang/spidermonkey && make && make install
> If so - not sure why spidermonkey isn't being detected.
> Its a bit weird though - so you may want to compile it from source
> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+Spider+Monkey
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Randy <randymorse@...> wrote:
>> Greetings all,
>>
>> I am following this tutorial on installing from source on freebsd:
>>
>> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+for+FreeBSD
>>
>> and when I run scons Im getting the following library error:
>>
>> Checking for C library mozjs... no
>> Checking for C library js... no
>> Checking for C library js_static... no
>> can't find or link against library ['mozjs', 'js', 'js_static'] in ['/
>> usr/local/lib']
>>
>> Is this referring to spider monkey or something else?
(Continue reading)

Randy Morse | 22 Jul 21:30 2010
Picon

Re: Install from src on freebsd 7.3

10x installing spider monkey from src worked, Ill suspect operator
error for now ;-)

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Randy Morse <randymorse@...> wrote:
> Elliot,
>
> Thank you, Ill try that instead.
>
> -Randy
>
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Eliot Horowitz
<eliothorowitz@...> wrote:
>> Did you
>> $ cd /usr/ports/lang/spidermonkey && make && make install
>> If so - not sure why spidermonkey isn't being detected.
>> Its a bit weird though - so you may want to compile it from source
>> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+Spider+Monkey
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Randy <randymorse@...> wrote:
>>> Greetings all,
>>>
>>> I am following this tutorial on installing from source on freebsd:
>>>
>>> http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Building+for+FreeBSD
>>>
>>> and when I run scons Im getting the following library error:
>>>
>>> Checking for C library mozjs... no
>>> Checking for C library js... no
>>> Checking for C library js_static... no
(Continue reading)


Gmane