Costa, Rodrigo Alves | 3 Nov 23:15 2005
Picon

Postmaster core dumps

Hello :)

I have installed cygwin under a wxp machine and everything went good
until the time I had to start postmaster (postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/). After that, I got a Segmentation Fault (Core
Dumped) message.

I have searched the internet for solutions regarding this problem and
looks like you have gone little far in it (I have seen even wonderings
on semaphores). I would like to know if you have a solution so I can
bring the server up.

Thank you very much!

Rodrigo Alves Costa
Project Management Institute Member
Test Project Coordinator
Siemens Com SHC - R&D Manaus
Phone:  +55 92 3672 3242
Mobile: +55 92 8118 2999

       subscribe-nomail command to majordomo <at> postgresql.org so that your

Nick Adami | 4 Nov 08:35 2005
Picon

Re: Postmaster core dumps

Try getting the latest snapshot of cygwin.  It worked for me.
See this post for more details:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20051020.143952.46dc09ab.en.html