pgSQL DBA - Chantilly VA - US Citizen
2012-08-22 18:50:05 GMT
I have a position in Chantilly, VA 20151 for a DBA with PostgreSQL experience. The facility is using a variety of different databases but the postgres experience is a requirement. If you are interested please contact me ASAP with your contact information and most current resume. pdechent <at> warriorsllc.com
*****This position is direct hire, full time, salary with benefits. It is NOT with a government contractor (which is rare for the DC area)*****
Our great client is currently seeking an experienced Database Administrator. You will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, monitoring and tuning of a complex system of independent but interrelated RDBMS including PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS SQL, and Oracle.
- Perform the installation and upgrades of databases and supporting software. Configure database and database software in accordance with established guidelines. Responsible for the day-to-day management of all database systems.
- Manage user access, create and delete database accounts and monitor account privileges. Assist users in solving operational problems.
- Review proposed DDL changes to production databases and make recommendations and or modifications to the production system based on those changes.
- Proactively evaluate database security, make recommendations for improvement and perform preventive maintenance by applying security updates as required by ARIN policies Implement security practices and procedures to in accordance with established guidelines.
- Evaluate, design and establish monitoring mechanisms for performance, security, capacity and maintenance of databases. Monitor systems and make corrections or recommendations to resolve issues as they arise.
- Establish, manage, and supervise disaster recovery process in accordance with established guidelines.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on database-related hardware and software products based on an assessment of operating requirements.
- Contribute to the design, build, test, and implementation of applications and systems as needed. Provide subject matter expertise on database technology.
- Provide on-call support for all critical network and system operations on a rotating basis. Provide secondary, escalated tier support 24x7 for all database-related problems that cannot be resolved by the first tier system support staff.
- Provide backup support for network operations, and end user support.
- 4-year college degree preferably in an information systems or computer science related discipline. In lieu of education, 6 years of proven DBA experience may be substituted.
- Minimum 4 years of job-related experience administering PostgreSQL databases. HA experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of job-related experience administering CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Proven ability to work with complex databases and database software in a Linux operating environment. Ability to evaluate database performance and tune appropriately. Ability to create reports on database contents.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and work independently.
- Ability to evaluate new hardware and software systems and make sound recommendations.
- Good interpersonal skills. Strong verbal and written skills.
Background / Skills Preferred (Good to have)
- MySQL experience
- Crystal Reports experience
- SAN (esp. EMC) experience
- Cisco IOS experience
- BSD (esp. OpenBSD) experience
- Basic PC hardware experience (building, fixing PCs)
- Scripting experience, esp. with Bourne shell / BASH, Python, and Perl
- Familiarity with IPv6
- Basic OS X and Windows (XP and 7) end user support experience.
- Basic Windows Server, Exchange, and AD experience
Great Benefits, Great location (Chantilly, VA)
- Group Health & Dental Insurance
- Group Vision Care
- Group Life/AD&D Insurance
- Group Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Travel and Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account – dependent care and medical care
- 401(k) Retirement Plan- Up to 9% matching after first year of service, all contributions are 100% vested
- Computer Loan Program
- 529 Savings Plan
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $4,000 per year
- Casual Work Environment
- Complimentary Health Club Membership
- Twelve paid Holidays and Comprehensive Leave
(571) 209-8473 Cell