majorthorburn | 19 Jan 12:08 2012

sqlite.net download file

I have tried to install sqlite from what I thought were the correct files
but have not managed to find the sqlite.net folder that the help file
mentions as support for .net.
Anyone give me a hint please?
Regards, Major.
p.s. Major is my Christian name.
Joe Mistachkin | 19 Jan 12:15 2012

Re: sqlite.net download file

majorthorburn@... wrote:

> I have tried to install sqlite from what I thought were the correct files

Which files are you referring to?  What site did you download them from?

> but have not managed to find the sqlite.net folder that the help file
> mentions as support for .net.

Which help file mentions this?  Also, I'm not sure what is meant by
"support for .net".  I can only assume this refers to the managed (or
mixed-mode) System.Data.SQLite assembly.

--
Joe Mistachkin
majorthorburn | 19 Jan 12:29 2012

Re: sqlite.net download file

> majorthorburn@... wrote:
>>
>> I have tried to install sqlite from what I thought were the correct
>> files
>>

> Which files are you referring to?  What site did you download them from?

sqlite-netFx40-setup-bundle-x64-2010-1.0.77.0.exe from
system.data.sqlite.org downloads. I am running w7 x64 .net 4.0

>> but have not managed to find the sqlite.net folder that the help file
>> mentions as support for .net.
>>

> Which help file mentions this?  Also, I'm not sure what is meant by
> "support for .net".  I can only assume this refers to the managed (or
> mixed-mode) System.Data.SQLite assembly.

help file was in system.data.sqlite and file name sqlite.net.chm

I have since discovered that the version of gacutil I have is from SDK 2
so am installing SDK 4 and will try the install using the bundle file
again.
> --
> Joe Mistachkin

majorthorburn | 27 Jan 11:11 2012

Re: sqlite.net download file

Installed latest SDK (7.1) and reran the command and got the following:

C:\Program Files\System.Data.SQLite\2010\GAC>"..\..\..\microsoft
sdks\windows\v7
.1\bin\gacutil" /i System.Data.SQLite.dll
Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 3.5.30729.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Failure adding assembly to the cache:   This assembly is built by a
runtime newe
r than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Any hints?
Regards, Major.

> majorthorburn@... wrote:
>>
>> I have tried to install sqlite from what I thought were the correct
>> files
>>

> Which files are you referring to?  What site did you download them from?
>

>> but have not managed to find the sqlite.net folder that the help file
>> mentions as support for .net.
>>

> Which help file mentions this?  Also, I'm not sure what is meant by
(Continue reading)

Joe Mistachkin | 27 Jan 11:27 2012

Re: sqlite.net download file

majorthorburn@... wrote:

> C:\Program Files\System.Data.SQLite\2010\GAC>"..\..\..\microsoft
> sdks\windows\v7
> .1\bin\gacutil" /i System.Data.SQLite.dll
> Microsoft (R) .NET Global Assembly Cache Utility.  Version 3.5.30729.1
> Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Yeah, that version of gacutil clearly belongs to the .NET Framework 3.5
(based on the version number displayed in your message).

You'll want to use the gacutil binary located in this directory:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools"

--
Joe Mistachkin

Gmane