Thomas Leonard | 6 Oct 20:45 2009
Picon

Re: Why Does This Happen? And How Can I Stop It?

2009/10/3 Mark Williams <mark.williams <at> ntlworld.com>:
> 1: Result of trying to run Load from new 0install.
[...]

I think this isn't working too well. Zero Install was supposed to
allow individual developers to publish their own programs, but many of
the developers have said they don't use it themselves, and this
results in a lot of broken packages.

One possible solution: put all the feeds on rox.sourceforge.net and
assemble a team of people who all have permission to update them and
patch as needed. Would anyone be interested in joining such a team?

Patching programs mainly consists of just deleting code that
duplicates functionality that's provided by the package manager (e.g.
see my blog for a patch to this issue:
http://roscidus.com/desktop/node/942).

Dr Thomas Leonard		ROX desktop / Zero Install

http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf

Gmane