Marc Paré | 18 Oct 08:27 2011

OCR extension?

Is there an OCR extension for LibreOffice?

Cheers,

Marc

Tom | 30 Oct 11:48 2011
Picon

Re: OCR extension?

Hi :)
Sorry, i guess not!
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center

I tried a quick search there but have not tried the OpenOffice Extensions
site (if that is working at the moment)
Apols and regards from
Tom :)

Re: Re: OCR extension?

Isn't OCR part of a scanner package of software?  I know that my
printer/scanner devices all came with some OCR packages.

Why do you want/need an OCR extension for LO?  That type of thing is a
real hassle to create.  It would be like adding a Calculus package to
the Calc module.  It is just too hard to do something like that, in my
opinion.