filtered | 7 Jan 09:53 2012

Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Running soffice --convert-to allows me to specify a custom output filter
name. Where can I full list of output filter names? In particular I am
looking for the name of the HTML output filter used for the HTML export
used through the UI. This filter is different from the one used  when
running with --convert-to html soley.

-aj

Tom | 9 Jan 14:32 2012
Picon

Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Hi :)

All i could find was this wiki-page
http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/About_Import_and_Export_Filters
last updated in May so i think things are likely to have moved on quite a
lot!  Also i suspect there are add-ons/extensions that can add to the list.

I tried looking up release notes
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5
which led me to
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.4.4_info_about_fixes
but there is not much detail listed in there.  mostly it seems
broad-brushstrokes rather than fine-grained detail .

Apols and regards from
Tom :)

filtered | 9 Jan 14:42 2012

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Sorry but all wiki pages don't list anything about output filter names.

-aj

Am 9. Januar 2012 14:32 schrieb Tom <tomdavies04 <at> yahoo.co.uk>:

> Hi :)
>
> All i could find was this wiki-page
> http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/About_Import_and_Export_Filters
> last updated in May so i think things are likely to have moved on quite a
> lot!  Also i suspect there are add-ons/extensions that can add to the list.
>
> I tried looking up release notes
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/release-notes/
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5
> which led me to
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Releases/3.4.4_info_about_fixes
> but there is not much detail listed in there.  mostly it seems
> broad-brushstrokes rather than fine-grained detail .
>
> Apols and regards from
> Tom :)

Fernand Vanrie | 9 Jan 14:47 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Tom,
With the API and some Basic code from the good old Danny B. can do the job
gives us a 65 pages writer Doc.
Hope its helps

Greetz

Ferand

Sub Main
     oFF = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.document.FilterFactory" )
     oFilterNames = oFF.getElementNames()

     ' Now print the filter names.
'    For i = LBound( oFilterNames ) To UBound( oFilterNames )
'        Print oFilterNames(i)
'    Next

     ' Create a Writer doc and save the filter names to it.
     oDoc = StarDesktop.loadComponentFromURL( "private:factory/swriter",
"_blank", 0, Array() )
     oText = oDoc.getText()
     oCursor = oText.createTextCursor()
     oCursor.gotoEnd( False )

     oText.insertString( oCursor, "Filter Names", False )
     oCursor.ParaStyleName = "Heading 1"
     InsertParaBreak( oText, oCursor )
     oCursor.ParaStyleName = "Default"
     InsertParaBreak( oText, oCursor )
(Continue reading)

filtered | 9 Jan 16:00 2012

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

How is this related to my question?

-aj

Am 9. Januar 2012 14:47 schrieb Fernand Vanrie <sos <at> pmgroup.be>:

> Tom,
> With the API and some Basic code from the good old Danny B. can do the job
> gives us a 65 pages writer Doc.
> Hope its helps
>
> Greetz
>
> Ferand
>

> Sub Main
>    oFF = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.document.**FilterFactory" )
>    oFilterNames = oFF.getElementNames()
>
>    ' Now print the filter names.
> '    For i = LBound( oFilterNames ) To UBound( oFilterNames )
> '        Print oFilterNames(i)
> '    Next
>
>    ' Create a Writer doc and save the filter names to it.
>    oDoc = StarDesktop.**loadComponentFromURL( "private:factory/swriter",
> "_blank", 0, Array() )
(Continue reading)

Tom Davies | 9 Jan 16:58 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Hi :)
I thought the original was asking for a list of all the filters available?

I think Fernand's coding gives a list of the filters in whichever version of libreOffice you happen to be
running.  As each new release comes out extra filters may have been added and apparently it is difficult
to find documentation about which version has which filters.  Sadly i have no idea how to run the coding
even with the helpful comments!  Hopefully you understand this better than me.

Regards from
Tom :)

Am 9. Januar 2012 14:47 schrieb Fernand Vanrie <sos <at> pmgroup.be>:

> Tom,
> With the API and some Basic code from the good old Danny B. can do the job
> gives us a 65 pages writer Doc.
> Hope its helps
>
> Greetz
(Continue reading)

Fernand Vanrie | 10 Jan 09:11 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Tom ,

Copy the code in a Basic module and run !

Greetz

Fernand
> Hi :)
> I thought the original was asking for a list of all the filters available?
>
> I think Fernand's coding gives a list of the filters in whichever version of libreOffice you happen to be
running.  As each new release comes out extra filters may have been added and apparently it is difficult to
find documentation about which version has which filters.  Sadly i have no idea how to run the coding even
with the helpful comments!  Hopefully you understand this better than me.

> Regards from
> Tom :)

(Continue reading)

Fernand Vanrie | 10 Jan 09:08 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

aj,

Sorry i was thinking you where trie to find a list of all filternames :-)

Greetz

Fernand
> How is this related to my question?
>
> -aj
>
> Am 9. Januar 2012 14:47 schrieb Fernand Vanrie<sos <at> pmgroup.be>:
>
>> Tom,
>> With the API and some Basic code from the good old Danny B. can do the job
>> gives us a 65 pages writer Doc.
>> Hope its helps
>>
>> Greetz
>>
>> Ferand
>>

>> Sub Main
>>     oFF = createUnoService( "com.sun.star.document.**FilterFactory" )
>>     oFilterNames = oFF.getElementNames()
>>
>>     ' Now print the filter names.
(Continue reading)

filtered | 10 Jan 09:19 2012

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

I just need the name of the mentioned filter. I am not an OO hacker.
I just the the *one* name :)

-aj

Am 10. Januar 2012 09:08 schrieb Fernand Vanrie <sos <at> pmgroup.be>:

> aj,
>
> Sorry i was thinking you where trie to find a list of all filternames :-)
>
> Greetz
>
> Fernand
>
>> How is this related to my question?
>>
>> -aj
>>
>> Am 9. Januar 2012 14:47 schrieb Fernand Vanrie<sos <at> pmgroup.be>:
>>
>>  Tom,
>>> With the API and some Basic code from the good old Danny B. can do the
>>> job
>>> gives us a 65 pages writer Doc.
>>> Hope its helps
>>>
>>> Greetz
>>>
>>> Ferand
(Continue reading)

Fernand Vanrie | 10 Jan 09:35 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

aj,

sorry but tour original question:

Running soffice --convert-to allows me to specify a custom output filter
name.*Where can I full list* of output filter names? In particular I am
looking for the name of the HTML output filter used for the HTML export
used through the UI. This filter is different from the one used  when
running with --convert-to html soley.

but after running the Basic code i found this list in LO 3.4

org.openoffice.da.writer2xhtml.epub
org.openoffice.da.calc2xhtml11
Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)
impress_svg_Export
math8
EPS - Encapsulated PostScript
StarOffice XML (Base) Report Chart
org.openoffice.da.writer2xhtml.mathml.xsl
impress_svm_Export
MS Excel 95 (StarWriter)
impress_pdf_addstream_import
JPG - JPEG
placeware_Export
StarOffice XML (Math)
T602Document
impress_jpg_Export
writer_globaldocument_StarOffice_XML_Writer
draw_emf_Export
(Continue reading)

Tom Davies | 10 Jan 19:07 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Hi :)
Superb.  I feel it should be on a wiki-page or somewhere now that the list has been generated and the code
available so that people can find their own list for their own version of LibreOffice.  I just don't know a
good place to put it.
Regards from
Tom :)

Running soffice --convert-to allows me to specify a custom output filter
name.*Where can I full list* of output filter names? In particular I am
looking for the name of the HTML output filter used for the HTML export
used through the UI. This filter is different from the one used  when
running with --convert-to html soley.

but after running the Basic code i found this list in LO 3.4

org.openoffice.da.writer2xhtml.epub
org.openoffice.da.calc2xhtml11
Text - txt - csv (StarCalc)
impress_svg_Export
(Continue reading)

Andreas Säger | 10 Jan 19:30 2012
Picon

Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Since 8 years it has been here:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=3549 with documentation,
discussion links to related topics and everything.

The above code in this thread may not run when copied from browser or mail
client. It has too many syntax errors due to additional line breaks.

Tom | 10 Jan 22:44 2012
Picon

Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Hi :)
Ahh excellent.  So there is a call for it.  A wiki-page could heave a less
obscure title such as
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FilterList
or perhaps something that office workers might understand.  How about
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Formats
As for the quality of the code i was pretty impressed that it appeared so
quickly.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3648970/good_code.png
good_code.png
Fernand Vanrie wrote the code faster than anyone was able to point to the
old link.  The old link's most recent list was for OOo version 1.1 rc1 which
is a little out-of-date now.  Fernand's list was for .4.x which is a lot
more up-to-date.
Regards from
Tom :)

Fernand Vanrie | 11 Jan 09:06 2012
Picon

Re: Re: Names of output filters? Name of HTML output filter?

Tom,

I do not wrote the code, i "found" the code years ago on the web, like
is mentionend the author is Danny B. (the man who disapeared but
produced ton's of useful code)

Greetz

Fernand
  Ahh excellent. So there is a call for it. A wiki-page could heave a
less obscure title such as http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/FilterList
or perhaps something that office workers might understand. How about
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Formats As for the quality of the
code i was pretty impressed that it appeared so quickly.
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n3648970/good_code.png
good_code.png Fernand Vanrie wrote the code faster than anyone was able
to point to the old link. The old link's most recent list was for OOo
version 1.1 rc1 which is a little out-of-date now. Fernand's list was
for .4.x which is a lot more up-to-date. Regards from Tom :) -- View
this message in context:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Names-of-output-filters-Name-of-HTML-output-filter-tp3639830p3648970.html

Andreas Jung | 10 Jan 09:19 2012