Fabian Rodriguez | 11 Jan 15:17 2012
Picon

Best JRE for LibreOffice on a 64-bit system: 32 or 64 bit ?

MiguelAngel | 11 Jan 15:49 2012

Re: Best JRE for LibreOffice on a 64-bit system: 32 or 64 bit ?

El 11/01/12 15:17, Fabian Rodriguez escribió:

(Continue reading)

Fabian Rodriguez | 11 Jan 17:06 2012
Picon

Re: Best JRE for LibreOffice on a 64-bit system: 32 or 64 bit ?

On 12-01-11 09:49 AM, MiguelAngel wrote:
[...]
> As I know, LibreOffice in Windows it's compiled only for 32-bits.
> Only 32-bit JRE works in LibreOffice for windows.

Actually I think I won't install JRE at all, as Base is not a
requirement in this particular installation I am doing.

Regardless, I'd still like to know what's the recommended JRE to install
in a 64-bit Windows environment.

I didn't find a source for your indication that "Only 32-bit JRE works
in LibreOffice for windows". In fact JRE as a requirement for
LibreOffice (Base or else) is not listed at all under the requirements:
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/system-requirements/

F.

- --
- --
Fabián Rodríguez

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)

Tanstaafl | 11 Jan 17:10 2012

On 2012-01-11 11:06 AM, Fabian Rodriguez <magicfab <at> member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Regardless, I'd still like to know what's the recommended JRE to install
> in a 64-bit Windows environment.

This has already been answered.

Libreoffice is *only* 32 bit on Windows. You can NOT use a 64 bit JRE
with a 32bit program. Period. So, you must use the 32bit JRE.

> I didn't find a source for your indication that "Only 32-bit JRE works
> in LibreOffice for windows".

There probably isn't, but it is irrelevant - yes, you can *install* a
64bit JRE, but Libreoffice can not *use* it.

> In fact JRE as a requirement for LibreOffice (Base or else) is not
> listed at all under the requirements:
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/system-requirements/

It isn't a *requirement*, but it is necessary for certain things to
operate (correctly, or at all), like for example the wizards.

Just install the 32bit JRE and forget about it...

Tom Davies | 11 Jan 19:55 2012
Picon

Re: Best JRE for LibreOffice on a 64-bit system: 32 or 64 bit ?

Hi :)
Java dependence in LO seems to be something most people are moving away from.  Sadly Base, many wizards and
perhaps a lot of Extensions / Add-ons still need it but the devs have done a great job of clearing it out of
most of LO.  Much appreciated!
Regards from
Tom :)