Don Parris | 13 Aug 21:47 2013
Picon

Any Good Info on Using LibreOffice Base With KDE-PIM?

Hi all,

I asked this on the KDE-PIM mailing list, but thought I would raise my
question here as well - maybe someone here already uses LO with Kontact.
Is there any good info anywhere on using KDE-PIM (Kontact) with LibreOffice
(especially Base)?

Does Base read vCard files?  Is there a way to do something like a Linking
table (as one can between MS Acess & Outlook)?  Or is importing and
exporting data about the best hope?

Many thanks!
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate

Valter Mura | 13 Aug 22:05 2013

Re: Any Good Info on Using LibreOffice Base With KDE-PIM?

In data martedì 13 agosto 2013 15:47:09, Don Parris ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I asked this on the KDE-PIM mailing list, but thought I would raise my
> question here as well - maybe someone here already uses LO with Kontact.
> Is there any good info anywhere on using KDE-PIM (Kontact) with LibreOffice
> (especially Base)?
>
> Does Base read vCard files?  Is there a way to do something like a Linking
> table (as one can between MS Acess & Outlook)?  Or is importing and
> exporting data about the best hope?
>

> Many thanks!
> Don

Hi Don

I think you can find some infos here: http://blogs.kde.org/node/4503

KDE-PIM is now based on Akonadi which normally uses MySql databases, so I
suppose yes, it can be connected in some way.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/7/76/BH35-BaseHandbook.pdf

Ciao

Valter
Open Source is better!
LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org
(Continue reading)

Don Parris | 13 Aug 22:25 2013
Picon

Re: Any Good Info on Using LibreOffice Base With KDE-PIM?

Thanks Valter!  That is fairly helpful.  There is even discussion on using
PostgreSQL as the "back-end" in place of MySQL.  Maybe I can mak a little
progress on this!