Pat Villani | 17 Apr 13:18 2011

Need help with project coordinator role

Folks,

I have a medical issue that I now need to tend to which will take up all my time.  As a result, I feel that I can no longer devote any free time, as little as it may have been, to the project.  I am now looking for a volunteer to take over, at least temporarily.

Please send me private email if you would like to take over the role.

Pat Villani
Project Coordinator

Walt Nagel | 22 Apr 20:32 2011
Picon

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Pat,

I would like to consider the project, but am not sure what it entails. Could you give us a little idea of what the coordinator is expected to accomplish?

Thanks for your efforts. I pray your health issues are resolved quickly.

Walt

I have a medical issue that I now need to tend to which will take up all my time.  As a result, I feel that I can no longer devote any free time, as little as it may have been, to the project.  I am now looking for a volunteer to take over, at least temporarily.

Please send me private email if you would like to take over the role.

Pat Villani
Project Coordinator

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Jim Hall | 22 Apr 21:23 2011

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Hi all!

Pat had emailed me before sending his note to the mailing list, asking
me if I'd be willing to step back into the FreeDOS Project for him. I
said yes, but wanted to wait for Pat & I to chat before I sent a note
here to announce my return. But Pat may be away from email right now.
I only resubscribed to the FreeDOS lists on Monday, so didn't see that
Pat sent a call for a new project coordinator on Sunday.

Anyway, let me take this moment to say "I'm back". :-)

A quick summary for those curious about my whereabouts since doing the
handoff to Pat in 2009:

I had planned to enter grad school, for a Master's degree in
Management of Technology ("MS-MOT"). But a few months after passing
the coordinator role to Pat, and right before entering the MOT
program, I had an opportunity to apply for an outstanding job. I had
to decide: pay the non-refundable tuition, and ignore the fabulous
opportunity - or miss the tuition deadline to apply for the new
position.

I went for the job. While I didn't get that job, those events led me
to an even *better* position as campus IT Director / CIO at the
University of Minnesota Morris, where I am now.

I never *totally* disappeared from FreeDOS, anyway. If you're on the
'freedos-svn' email list, you may have noticed I did some work on an
updated FreeDOS Installer. And of course, I've been updating the web
site.

-jh

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Walt Nagel <wrn71 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I would like to consider the project, but am not sure what it entails. Could you give us a little idea of what
the coordinator is expected to accomplish?

> Thanks for your efforts. I pray your health issues are resolved quickly.
>
> Walt

Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise
Lean software platforms are now widely adopted and the benefits have been
demonstrated beyond question. Learn why your peers are replacing JEE
containers with lightweight application servers - and what you can gain
from the move. http://p.sf.net/sfu/vmware-sfemails
Joe Cosentino | 22 Apr 21:58 2011

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Well it's about time!

:-P

- Joe

Pat had emailed me before sending his note to the mailing list, asking
me if I'd be willing to step back into the FreeDOS Project for him. I
said yes, but wanted to wait for Pat & I to chat before I sent a note
here to announce my return. But Pat may be away from email right now.
I only resubscribed to the FreeDOS lists on Monday, so didn't see that
Pat sent a call for a new project coordinator on Sunday.

Anyway, let me take this moment to say "I'm back". :-)

A quick summary for those curious about my whereabouts since doing the
handoff to Pat in 2009:

I had planned to enter grad school, for a Master's degree in
Management of Technology ("MS-MOT"). But a few months after passing
the coordinator role to Pat, and right before entering the MOT
program, I had an opportunity to apply for an outstanding job. I had
to decide: pay the non-refundable tuition, and ignore the fabulous
opportunity - or miss the tuition deadline to apply for the new
position.

I went for the job. While I didn't get that job, those events led me
to an even *better* position as campus IT Director / CIO at the
University of Minnesota Morris, where I am now.

I never *totally* disappeared from FreeDOS, anyway. If you're on the
'freedos-svn' email list, you may have noticed I did some work on an
updated FreeDOS Installer. And of course, I've been updating the web
site.

-jh

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:32 PM, Walt Nagel <wrn71 <at> yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I would like to consider the project, but am not sure what it entails.
> Could you give us a little idea of what the coordinator is expected to
> accomplish?
>
> Thanks for your efforts. I pray your health issues are resolved quickly.
>
> Walt

Bernd Blaauw | 22 Apr 22:42 2011

Op 22-4-2011 21:58, Joe Cosentino schreef:
> Well it's about time!
>
> :-P

gz and wb

..oh wait this aint Blizzard's MMO game.

Congratulations on a nice job and welcome back as project coordinator.

Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise
Lean software platforms are now widely adopted and the benefits have been
demonstrated beyond question. Learn why your peers are replacing JEE
containers with lightweight application servers - and what you can gain
from the move. http://p.sf.net/sfu/vmware-sfemails
Aitor Santamaría | 2 Jul 12:32 2011
Picon

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Hi,

I was a little behind my mail, but can't just read without saying,
welcome back, Jim!!!

Aitor

2011/4/22 Bernd Blaauw <bblaauw <at> home.nl>:
> Op 22-4-2011 21:58, Joe Cosentino schreef:
>> Well it's about time!
>>
>> :-P
>>

> gz and wb
>
> ..oh wait this aint Blizzard's MMO game.
>
> Congratulations on a nice job and welcome back as project coordinator.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-d2d-c2
Ralf A. Quint | 22 Apr 22:58 2011

At 12:23 PM 4/22/2011, Jim Hall wrote:

>Anyway, let me take this moment to say "I'm back". :-)
Welcome back Jim! ;-)

Ralf

Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise
Lean software platforms are now widely adopted and the benefits have been
demonstrated beyond question. Learn why your peers are replacing JEE
containers with lightweight application servers - and what you can gain
from the move. http://p.sf.net/sfu/vmware-sfemails
Ladislav Lacina | 23 Apr 08:26 2011
Picon

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Welcome back!

Fulfilling the Lean Software Promise
Lean software platforms are now widely adopted and the benefits have been
demonstrated beyond question. Learn why your peers are replacing JEE
containers with lightweight application servers - and what you can gain
from the move. http://p.sf.net/sfu/vmware-sfemails
dos386 | 4 May 11:24 2011
Picon

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Anyone having the super editing power needed can please update this one:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Unstable_Kernel_Branch

?

~~~ wow ~~~

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd
Eric Auer | 4 May 22:03 2011
Picon

Re: Need help with project coordinator role

Hi!

> Anyone having the super editing power needed can please update this one:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/freedos/index.php?title=Unstable_Kernel_Branch

Can you mail the text that you want to be added or changed to the list?
I think that would enable people with super editing power to edit ;-)

Eric

http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd

Gmane