Lorne Dudley | 29 Sep 04:51 2011

zos.efglobe.com free access

I'm trying to logon to the zos.efglobe.com "free" system that has been
mentioned in earlier discussions on this list.

I get as far as the Fan DeZhi Mainframe System screen that asks me to
select a system.

I registered as a user and was told by a member of the mainframe forum
at zos.efglobe.com that I should have received a zOS userid and password.

The only email received is shown below, but no zOS userid of password.

Has anyone on this list actually signed on to this system ?
Am I expected to make the $9.99 "contribution" before I get an email
with userid and password ?

Any detail from an actual user who has gone through the
registration/signon process would be appreciated.

Regards

Lorne Dudley
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario
Canada

Welcome to Dezhi Systems support site forums

Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as
follows:

----------------------------
Username: redfox

Board URL: http://zos.efglobe.com
----------------------------

Please visit the following link in order to activate your account:

http://zos.efglobe.com/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=xxxxxxxxxx

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
using the email address associated with your account.

Thank you for registering."

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___
Ron Hudson | 29 Sep 05:33 2011
Picon

Re: zos.efglobe.com free access

I setup an account with them but it has been some time so I don't remember
how I got my password. I did not have to pay any amount (I would not have
done that because I have no money.)

[...]

scott | 29 Sep 05:59 2011

Re: zos.efglobe.com free access

Even though it is a donation for using this system, I have to question
the legality of using such.

On 09/28/2011 10:51 PM, Lorne Dudley wrote:
> I'm trying to logon to the zos.efglobe.com "free" system that has been
> mentioned in earlier discussions on this list.
>
> I get as far as the Fan DeZhi Mainframe System screen that asks me to
> select a system.
>
> I registered as a user and was told by a member of the mainframe forum
> at zos.efglobe.com that I should have received a zOS userid and password.
>
> The only email received is shown below, but no zOS userid of password.
>
> Has anyone on this list actually signed on to this system ?
> Am I expected to make the $9.99 "contribution" before I get an email
> with userid and password ?
>
> Any detail from an actual user who has gone through the
> registration/signon process would be appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Lorne Dudley
> Queen's University
> Kingston, Ontario
> Canada

> Welcome to Dezhi Systems support site forums
>
> Please keep this e-mail for your records. Your account information is as
> follows:
>
> ----------------------------
> Username: redfox
>
> Board URL: http://zos.efglobe.com
> ----------------------------
>
> Please visit the following link in order to activate your account:
>
> http://zos.efglobe.com/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=xxxxxxxxxx
>
> Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be
> retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it
> using the email address associated with your account.
>
> Thank you for registering."

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___
René Ferland | 29 Sep 06:49 2011
Picon

Re: zos.efglobe.com free access

Hi Lorne,

I went to the site below:

and I applied for a new TSO userid. I got a first e-mail with a verification code and an hyper-link to activate the account. Then I received another e-mail with a full description of access information. There was an initial password for the TSO account which I had to change on the first logon. To logon on the system I have to make a connection with a tn3270 client to fandezhi.efglobe.com:23, I choose TSO in the menu and go on with the logon.

Good luck,

René Ferland, Montréal

P.S. -- You may write me if you want more details.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___
Lorne Dudley | 29 Sep 19:29 2011

Re: zos.efglobe.com free access , zos.efglobe.com FTP service ???

Thanks to René Ferland for providing this link.

http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser

This explains all and I now have my zOS userid properly set up.

FTP service ???

The TSO signon screen says

* Enjoy using following newly opened TCP/IP services: *
* FTP: 21, DB2: 5023, MQ: 1415, OMVS TELNET: 1023 *

I get the following when attempting connection.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>ftp fandezhi.efglobe.com
Connected to efglobe.com.
Connection closed by remote host.
C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>

I see FTPD running but no output in the JOBLOG.

Has anyone successfully connected ? Any tips to pass on ???

Regards

Lorne Dudley
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___
Robert Prins | 29 Sep 21:54 2011
Picon

Re: Re: zos.efglobe.com free access , zos.efglobe.com FTP service ???

Use the forum, AND READ IT!

Robert

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 20:29, Lorne Dudley <dudleyl-Hdeug890q6mw5LPnMra/2Q@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Thanks to René Ferland for providing this link.
>
> http://www.efglobe.com/cgi-bin/mainframe/mainuser
>
> This explains all and I now have my zOS userid properly set up.

> FTP service ???
>
> The TSO signon screen says
>
> * Enjoy using following newly opened TCP/IP services: *
> * FTP: 21, DB2: 5023, MQ: 1415, OMVS TELNET: 1023 *
>
> I get the following when attempting connection.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>ftp fandezhi.efglobe.com
> Connected to efglobe.com.
> Connection closed by remote host.
> C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>
>
> I see FTPD running but no output in the JOBLOG.
>
> Has anyone successfully connected ? Any tips to pass on ???
>
> Regards
>
> Lorne Dudley
> Queen's University
> Kingston, Ontario

Robert AH Prins
robert.ah.prins-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___
John R. Macdonald | 30 Sep 01:03 2011
Picon

RE: zos.efglobe.com free access

Hi Lorne

My experience with zos.efglobe.com is similar to René's experience. Did you click on the link in the e-mail to activate your account?

When you do that you'll receive an e-mail with your logon info (including a system assigned password that you change on your first TSO logon).

I did all that. It works. I wrote a couple of "Hello world" programs (COBOL & PL/I) that compiled correctly. I allocated my 'userid.EXEC' library

so my REXX macros and scripts are available when I logon.

I haven't yet played with DB2, CICS.

HTH

John

[...]

No virus found in this message.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

Robert Prins | 30 Sep 09:08 2011
Picon

Re: zos.efglobe.com free access

CICS can be used, if it's up (if not send me a private on the support forum), DB2 is screwed up and has been so for the past few months, and my RACF privileges, although higher than those of most other users, are not high enough to do anything about it.

For those using PL/I, the system comes with EPLI V3.3, but the old V2.3.0 OS compiler is also available, and it's much, much faster, but obviously it doesn't support all the fancy new features.

FWIW, if anyone knows how to install SDF2, the info would be much appreciated. One of the users from the subcontinent has uploaded (don't ask me/tell me anything about the legality of this) 'RAMS.SDF2.BACKUP'..

And finally, if anyone on this list would like to have access to my EXEC (or other) library(ies) drop me a line with your userid. My customized ISPF configuration table might also be of some interest.

Robert