Tiery DENYS | 25 Mar 10:29 2010
Picon

[VBox-users] sharing hostonly adapter betwen multiple users

Hi,

  I have a server runing virtual box, with multiple user-accounts.
Users conect to the virtualbox server using nx client with their account:
user1 <at> vboxsrv
user2 <at> vboxsrv
etc...

Is it possible to share a Hostonly Adapter (for example vboxnet0) between multiple user-acounts?

When user1 is runing a virtual machine attached to vboxnet0, and user2 who try to start a virtual machine (attached also to vboxnet0) on his account, he get this error:

Failed to open/create the internal network 'HostInterfaceNetworking-vboxnet0' (VERR_PERMISSION_DENIED).

Tiery

Frank Mehnert | 25 Mar 11:16 2010
Picon

Re: [VBox-users] sharing hostonly adapter betwen multiple users

Tiery,

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Tiery DENYS wrote:
>   I have a server runing virtual box, with multiple user-accounts.
> Users conect to the virtualbox server using nx client with their account:
> user1 <at> vboxsrv
> user2 <at> vboxsrv
> etc...
>

> Is it possible to share a Hostonly Adapter (for example vboxnet0) between
> multiple user-acounts?
>
> When user1 is runing a virtual machine attached to vboxnet0, and user2 who
> try to start a virtual machine (attached also to vboxnet0) on his account,
> he get this error:
>
> Failed to open/create the internal network
> 'HostInterfaceNetworking-vboxnet0' (VERR_PERMISSION_DENIED).

This is currently not possible for security reasons.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht München: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder