Andreas Metzler | 24 Apr 13:21 2011

deprecated funtions without direct successor

Hello,

I have test-built most of the gnutls-depending packages, checking for
build errors with 2.12.

Afaict there are a couple of recently deprecated functions without
successor. Is this correct, do you have any pointer, suggestions?

gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas (neon27, openldap)
gnutls_sign_callback_set (neon27)
gnutls_transport_set_lowat (curl, filezilla, gnustep-base,
libgwenhywfar, net6, openvas-libraries, samba4,
xfce4-mailwatch-plugin)

thanks, cu andreas
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos | 24 Apr 23:33 2011

Re: deprecated funtions without direct successor

On 04/24/2011 01:21 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have test-built most of the gnutls-depending packages, checking for
> build errors with 2.12.
> Afaict there are a couple of recently deprecated functions without
> successor. Is this correct, do you have any pointer, suggestions?
> gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas (neon27, openldap)

There is no direct successor to this function. It depended on internal
data that are already non-existing in 2.99.x. I'll try to check
those packages on how they use it, to see if there could be some
alternative way to achieve that functionality.

> gnutls_sign_callback_set (neon27)

The gnutls pkcs11 API. We have deprecated this API in favor of the
pkcs11 API but this callback will be present even in 3.0.0.

> gnutls_transport_set_lowat (curl, filezilla, gnustep-base,
> libgwenhywfar, net6, openvas-libraries, samba4,
> xfce4-mailwatch-plugin)

If they use set_lowat() with value of 0 then just removing
the call would do. If other value than zero is being
used then directions in
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107660
apply.

regards,
(Continue reading)

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos | 3 May 13:36 2011

Re: deprecated funtions without direct successor

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
<nmav <at> gnutls.org> wrote:

>> I have test-built most of the gnutls-depending packages, checking for
>> build errors with 2.12.
>> Afaict there are a couple of recently deprecated functions without
>> successor. Is this correct, do you have any pointer, suggestions?
>> gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas (neon27, openldap)
> There is no direct successor to this function. It depended on internal
> data that are already non-existing in 2.99.x. I'll try to check
> those packages on how they use it, to see if there could be some
> alternative way to achieve that functionality.

Hello Andreas,
 I've checked and it seems both libraries use  gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas()
in order to find the issuer in credentials of a given certificate.
I'll add a function
that does exactly that using the credentials and this would even optimize
things for those libraries. It would be something like:
int gnutls_certificate_get_issuer(gnutls_certificate_credentials_t cred,
  gnutls_x509_crt_t cert, const gnutls_x509_crt_t* issuer);

regards,
Nikos
Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos | 3 May 21:51 2011

Re: deprecated funtions without direct successor

On 04/24/2011 01:21 PM, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have test-built most of the gnutls-depending packages, checking for
> build errors with 2.12.
> Afaict there are a couple of recently deprecated functions without
> successor. Is this correct, do you have any pointer, suggestions?
> gnutls_certificate_get_x509_cas (neon27, openldap)

I've added gnutls_certificate_get_issuer() that would cover
the existing use cases. I've added it both to 2.12.4 and 2.99.x.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnutls.git;a=commitdiff;h=83ff33e7fdc369b8d4030f78633a6e279c51425f

regards,
Nikos

Gmane