Roland Gemmert | 15 Jan 14:24 2010

openct ./configure failed - error 'cause of -lltdl

Hello out there,

i tried to install OpenCT, but i got an error while running ./configure:

configure: error: ltdl not found, please install libltdl and/or libtool

I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.2 with i386-apple-darwin10.2.0

I downloaded libtool-2.2 and libtool-2.2.4 and installed it with --enable-ltdl-install as an attribure
for ./configure, but i still get that configuration error!

As I looked into /usr/local/share/libtool/libltdl/, I found ltdl.c and ltdl.h. It seems not to be compiled?!
Donno what to do now, because i do not get an error while make install or somewhere else!

Does somebody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for help

Roland

Here's the whole shell output while running OpenCT's configuration:

checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
(Continue reading)

Martin Paljak | 15 Jan 14:46 2010
Picon

Re: openct ./configure failed - error 'cause of -lltdl

Hello,

On 15.01.2010, at 15:24, Roland Gemmert wrote:
> i tried to install OpenCT, but i got an error while running ./configure:

> I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.2 with i386-apple-darwin10.2.0
OpenCT does not support Mac OS X. Nor should you need it, OS X comes with pcsc-lite pre-installed and
integrated with the rest of the system.
If you have a USB token that the manufacturer does not provide an OS X driver for but is supported by OpenCT,
you're probably out of luck (or have to fix it yourself)

Which reader/token do you use?

Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee
+372.515.6495
Picon

Re: openct ./configure failed - error 'cause of -lltdl

I thought that openct not support mac os x
Am I wrong?

(Continue reading)

Andreas Jellinghaus | 15 Jan 16:28 2010

Am Freitag 15 Januar 2010 15:10:06 schrieb Aktiv Co. Kirill Mescheryakov:
> I thought that openct not support mac os x
> Am I wrong?

well, it can maybe work for serial readers. but noone has tried so far.

for usb it does not work, as usb is very different on mac os X compared
to linux or even normal bsd systems. there is no port of the usb code
to mac os X, as you can see in the soure code:

http://www.opensc-project.org/openct/browser/trunk/src/ifd/sys-osx.c

only dummy functions, they all return -1 (error).

back to the compile problem roland has:
openct should compile, but not work (no usb support) on mac os X.

roland, if you still want to compile opensc (e.g.for trying to use
an old serial reader), you need to set LTLIB_CFLAGS and LTLIB_LIBS
environment variables to the proper values (e.g. "-I/.../include"
and "-L/.../lib -lltdl"). then it should work...

Regards, Andreas
Roland Gemmert | 15 Jan 22:28 2010

Re: openct ./configure failed - error 'cause of -lltdl

Hello,

it is an Aladdin eToken Pro 32k.

I want to use it with opensca. It's Mac supported, isn'st it? It is a UB version.

OpenSCA says following:

$ ./opensc-tool --list-readers
[opensc-tool] reader-pcsc.c:906:pcsc_detect_readers: SCardEstablishContext failed: 0x8010001d
[opensc-tool] reader-pcsc.c:1015:pcsc_detect_readers: returning with: No readers found
No smart card readers found.

What's to do?

It does not appear in Aladdin's PKI client 5.00, too.
But in windows version I can initialize it!

Roland

Am 15.01.2010 um 14:24 schrieb Roland Gemmert:

> Hello out there,
>
> i tried to install OpenCT, but i got an error while running ./configure:
>
> configure: error: ltdl not found, please install libltdl and/or libtool
>
> I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.2 with i386-apple-darwin10.2.0

(Continue reading)

Andreas Jellinghaus | 15 Jan 23:35 2010

Am Freitag 15 Januar 2010 22:28:29 schrieb Roland Gemmert:
> Hello,
>
> it is an Aladdin eToken Pro 32k.

do you have a usb level driver installed?

see the quickstart or operatingsystems pages in the wiki. the usual stack is:
kernel -> driver -> middleware -> pkcs#11 library -> application.

opensc and opensc-pkcs11.so form the pkcs#11 library.
pcsc-lite is the middleware (shipped with mac os X).
so you still need a driver for pcsc-lite.

also note if the token was initialized with aladdins software, you need
their software to access it, as they don't implement pkcs#15 format.
(was discussed __often__ on this list, see the archives or the wiki for
details...)

Regards, Andreas
Ludovic Rousseau | 16 Jan 11:20 2010

2010/1/15 Roland Gemmert <roland <at> firstcore.com>:
> Hello,
>
> it is an Aladdin eToken Pro 32k.
>
> I want to use it with opensca. It's Mac supported, isn'st it? It is a UB version.
>
> OpenSCA says following:
>
> $ ./opensc-tool --list-readers
> [opensc-tool] reader-pcsc.c:906:pcsc_detect_readers: SCardEstablishContext failed: 0x8010001d

SCardEstablishContext() returned SCARD_E_NO_SERVICE
pcscd is not running.

You first check that your device is correctly handled by the system.
You should be able to list it using the "pcsctest" command provided by Mac OS X.

If yout device is not listed you should install the USB driver for it
(as Andreas already wrote).

Bye

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau
Roland Gemmert | 17 Jan 14:56 2010

Re: openct ./configure failed - error 'cause of -lltdl

Hey there,

pcsctest says

MUSCLE PC/SC Lite Test Program

Testing SCardEstablishContext    : Service not available.

I have installed Aladdin eToken PKI Client 5.00.

Roland

Gmane