Kumaran Moodley via RT | 1 Dec 15:03 2010
Picon

RE: [openssl.org #2371] Openssl mingw build error.

Thanks Andy.

I have updated to  openssl-1.0.0b and also had a problem building the code however there is a patch available
to fix the mingw compilation issue. I tried this patch and I have had no issues. Thanks for the help.

On another note I found a bug on the openssl EVP_PKEY_verify(3) documentation
(http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/EVP_PKEY_verify.html). In the synopsis the API is defined as

int EVP_PKEY_verify(EVP_PKEY_CTX *ctx,
                        const unsigned char *sig, size_t siglen,
                        const unsigned char *tbs, size_t tbslen);

However in the example section,

/* Perform operation */
 ret = EVP_PKEY_verify(ctx, md, mdlen, sig, siglen);

Which shows that the message digest variables and the signature variables have been swapped around. I had
some signature failures due to that however everything is fine now when I put them correctly. The
documentation should be updated though. Thanks.

Kind regards
Kumaran M