Don Allingham | 11 Feb 16:58 2004

GRAMPS 1.0.0 officially released

The GRAMPS project is pleased to announce the 1.0.0 ("Stable as a
Tombstone") release of GRAMPS, the Genealogical Research And
Management Programming System.  After more that 2 1/2 years of
development, GRAMPS is leaving the "beta" stage with its first "stable"
release.

GRAMPS is a GNOME genealogy program that allows you to easily build
and keep track of your family tree. Whether you are new to genealogy
or an experienced genealogist, GRAMPS should be able to meet your
needs. Supporting databases of up to about 10000 people, GRAMPS can
handle most family trees.

GRAMPS is capable of importing data from and exporting data to other
genealogy programs using the GEDCOM interchange format. Reports can be
generated in OpenOffice.org, AbiWord, Kword, PDF, RTF, LaTeX, and
PostScript formats. All data is stored in XML format. GRAMPS can be
extended using a plugin system, supporting plugins written in the
Python language.

Full translations are available for Hungarian, Danish, German, French,
Norwegian, Dutch, Russian, and Swedish, with partial translations
available in eight other languages. The manual is available in English,
Russian, and French.

For more information, see the GRAMPS website, at
http://gramps.sourceforge.net. Screenshots can be found at
http://gramps.sourceforge.net/ss-pedigree.html.

Changes from the 0.99 release include:
(Continue reading)

Tom Weichmann | 14 Feb 06:06 2004

Re: GRAMPS 1.0.0 officially released

I just wanted to take a second to thank Don and the entire GRAMPS team for a
truly exceptional piece of software.  I have been using GRAMPS for years now
and even back in version 0.2.0 when I first downloaded it was very stable.
Now with SO many new features GRAMPS to me is the very best open source
program that I have ever used - truly.  I can not even count how many times I
have received answers to questions and even code patches with in minutes or
hours of posting the problem!!  Thank you!!

Congratulations on 1.0.0!!!

Tom Weichmann