Matt Anderson | 1 Dec 22:22 2007

Re: Lost grdb

Hey Doug, Thanks again for this, it was just what I was looking for and
got me nearly there, simplifying all the really tedious work out.  So
far I haven't added too much to it, but if I do I'll be sure and post it
back to the list.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 07:55:20PM -0800, dsblank wrote:
> I wrote a quick-n-dirty html scraper that is about 75% of the way there... I
> Here it is:
>
> http://bubo.brynmawr.edu/~dblank/getnarrative.py
>
> and you run it like:
>
> python getnarrative.py http://somewebsite.com/myfamily/ > import.csv
>
> Then, in GRAMPS you should be able to import the file "import.csv" into a
> blank database.

I actually uncovered a bug around this (filing it now)  Apparently
auto-detect doesn't yet know that it knows how to import a csv file.
Nothing terrible, and hopefully it will be easy to fix.

> If you (or any one else) fix up the script, please share it back with us.
> see some obvious errors (looks like a person becomes their own child)

This one was actually a bit of a problem.  Gramps apparently doesn't
like it at all if a person is their own parent.  Thankfully I was able
to just add this line and it took care of that issue:

(Continue reading)

Benny Malengier | 2 Dec 23:26 2007
Picon

Re: Lost grdb

This one was actually a bit of a problem.  Gramps apparently doesn't
like it at all if a person is their own parent.  Thankfully I was able
to just add this line and it took care of that issue:

I wonder why.....

Benny
Shane Killian | 3 Dec 01:28 2007

Re: Lost grdb

Benny Malengier wrote:

> 2007/12/1, Matt Anderson <mra <at> malloc.org <mailto:mra <at> malloc.org>>:
>
>     This one was actually a bit of a problem.  Gramps apparently doesn't
>     like it at all if a person is their own parent.  Thankfully I was able
>     to just add this line and it took care of that issue:
>
> I wonder why.....

I think this bug definitely needs to be fixed sometime before the
development of time travel.