Sonya.Downie | 2 Aug 01:43 2010
Picon

Re: Attribute Based Styling

Hi Peter,

I have a suggestion that may assist you.

Firstly you could create your symbology in ArcMap like you stated and download a little program that converts layers in ArcMap to SLD.  You can read about the tool and download it from http://apps.geoinform.fh-mainz.de/arcmap2sld/ArcMap2SLDConverter_Eng.htm

Cheers,

Sonya

UKPAD <peter.a.day <at> lmco.com>

30/07/2010 06:42 PM

geoserver-users <at> lists.sourceforge.net
cc
Subject
[Geoserver-users]  Attribute Based Styling

I have some data which I want to style in WMS using different colours.
Normally this would not be a problem but in this case the attribute value
that I want to use has a number of values over a large spread. The data is
stored in an Oracle table.

The data set is of soil types and for each polygon there is an attribute
value (integer) which indicates the soil type. The value range is somewhere
between 1 and 120000. Within a physical area of a few kilometres you would
typically have 40-50 different soil types. The attribute values will almost
appear to be random across the range of values so there maybe values that 1
apart or 10000 apart - it is impossible to guess.

In a dataset where there are only a few distinct values for an attribute a
simple SLD can be constructed with "if" or "less than", "equal", "greater
than" type constructs but this clearly is not going to be an option here. I
can't use a rasterized polygon as the attribute is not part of the spatial
field like DEM data is.

Now if I used ArcMap I could create a symbology using unique values and a
color ramp but I am using Geoserver 2.0.2 (hurrah!). Does anyone have a good
suggestion as to how I can colorize my dataset?