Marianna Borriello | 31 Mar 10:35 2011
Picon

Geoserver 2.0.3 and 2.1-RC3 REST config issues

Dear all,
I'm trying to upload a shapefile using REST config.
I use the following command:

curl -u admin:geoserver -XPUT -H 'Content-type: application/zip' --data-binary <at> C:/cultivated-areas.zip  http://localhost:8080/geoserver/rest/workspaces/prova/datastores/test/file.shp

This test fails both on geoserver 2.0.3 and 2.1-RC3 releases, in fact it seems to fail while unzipping my source and i got the exception:

java.io.IOException: Wrong magic number, expected 9994, got 1347093252

I found also in the JIRA the GEOS-3973 "Errors decompressing zipped shapefiles when sending them via rest to GeoServer" fixed but I can't do the upload.

Please, can you help me?

Thanks in advance,

Marianna

Justin Deoliveira | 31 Mar 16:24 2011

Re: Geoserver 2.0.3 and 2.1-RC3 REST config issues

Hi Marianna,

Sometimes after repeated failed uploads some files can linger around on the server that cause problems. Go to your GEOSERVER_DATA_DIRECTORY  and remove any lingering files from the "data" directory under it. Then try again.

-Justin