Andrea Aime | 23 Jan 12:40 2013
Picon

GeoServer 2.2.4 released

The GeoServer team is happy to announce the release of GeoServer
2.2.4, now available for download.

This is the latest release of the stable 2.2 series. The changes that
might interest the most users are:

* the monitoring extension module just got promoted to official
extension [GEOS-5538]
* the status page does not throw errors after catalog reloads anymore
[GEOS-5371]
* one critical fix in the REST configuration of freemarker templates [GEOS-5533]

Also, looking at the corresponding GeoTools release changelog we have
the following extra goodies in:
* improvements in the WFS cascading, we can now better interact with
remote WFS servers running on TinyOWS and ArcGIS
* imageio-ext was upgraded to version 1.1.6, which means from now on
GeoServer uses GDAL 1.9 to extends the range of raster formats it
supports

Full changelogs available here:
* for GeoServer:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10311&version=19031
* for GeoTools:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10270&version=19030

Download GeoServer 2.2.4, try it out, and provide feedback on the
GeoServer mailing list.

A very special thanks to all those who contributed bug fixes, new
(Continue reading)

Boris Wagner | 23 Jan 17:37 2013
Picon

Error with 2.2.4: ImageWorker

Hi,

i've just updated from 2.0.2 to 2.2.4 on a Windows 7-System and think,
something went wrong...
The Server is starting and showing the WebUI but when I want to view a
WMS-Layer (i.e. with OpenLayers or Quantum-GIS) I always get a:

"java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError" "Can't load standard profile:
PYCC.pf"

and after that, always a:
"java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.geotools.image.ImageWorker"

I get this error with new created layers and with my backed up 2.0.2 too :-/

Thanks in advance,
Boris

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnnow-d2d
Andrea Aime | 23 Jan 18:20 2013
Picon

Re: Error with 2.2.4: ImageWorker

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Boris Wagner
<boris.wagner <at> iosb.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've just updated from 2.0.2 to 2.2.4 on a Windows 7-System and think,
> something went wrong...
> The Server is starting and showing the WebUI but when I want to view a
> WMS-Layer (i.e. with OpenLayers or Quantum-GIS) I always get a:
>
> "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError" "Can't load standard profile:
> PYCC.pf"
>
> and after that, always a:
> "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.geotools.image.ImageWorker"
>
> I get this error with new created layers and with my backed up 2.0.2 too :-/

Can you share the full logs, it's difficult to understand what's going on
with the information you provided.

Also, do you know if you have native JAI installed, or not?

Cheers
Andrea

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information.
(Continue reading)

Boris Wagner | 24 Jan 11:42 2013

Am 23.01.2013 18:20, schrieb Andrea Aime:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Boris Wagner
> <boris.wagner <at> iosb.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i've just updated from 2.0.2 to 2.2.4 on a Windows 7-System and think,
>> something went wrong...
>> The Server is starting and showing the WebUI but when I want to view a
>> WMS-Layer (i.e. with OpenLayers or Quantum-GIS) I always get a:
>>
>> "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError" "Can't load standard profile:
>> PYCC.pf"
>>
>> and after that, always a:
>> "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
>> org.geotools.image.ImageWorker"
>>
>> I get this error with new created layers and with my backed up 2.0.2 too :-/
> Can you share the full logs, it's difficult to understand what's going on
> with the information you provided.
>
> Also, do you know if you have native JAI installed, or not?
>
> Cheers
> Andrea

Hi Andrea,

OK, I figured it out. It was a Problem with the latest java 7 JRE
(Continue reading)

Andrea Aime | 24 Jan 12:17 2013
Picon

Re: Error with 2.2.4: ImageWorker

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Boris Wagner
<boris.wagner <at> iosb.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi Andrea,
>
> OK, I figured it out. It was a Problem with the latest java 7 JRE
> 32bit-Version. In this version the PYCC.pf is missing. 2.2.4 now works
> for me with the 64bit JRE7

I see.. interesting, I'm running GeoServer on a JDK 7 and not seeing the
problem, I guess the file is missing only from a JRE

Could you open a bug reports anyways, sooner or later we'll start to support
JDK 7 too

Cheers
Andrea

==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information.
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
 <at> geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via Poggio alle Viti 1187
55054  Massarosa (LU)
(Continue reading)

Simone Giannecchini | 24 Jan 12:29 2013
Picon

Re: Error with 2.2.4: ImageWorker

I second that.
We can add checks to be more resilient about this.

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for