james croft | 17 Dec 08:04 2010
Picon

Map data popups on Google overlays

Hi,

I know this might not be directly an OpenLayers question but I'm not seeing it anywhere else.
I have started getting map data popups whenever I use a Google layer via openlayers.  The same thing is happening on the Google overlay example at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/

Any idea why this has started happening and how I can prevent the popup?  There is already a copyright notice on the map saying who provides the map data.

Thanks
James
jrom | 17 Dec 11:51 2010
Picon

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

Hi James,

A quick fix : move the 'olLayerGoogleCopyright' class somewhere outside the map.
For example add this in a css :
.olLayerGoogleCopyright {
    top:-1000px;
}

Best regards

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 8:04 AM, james croft <james.r.croft@...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I know this might not be directly an OpenLayers question but I'm not seeing
> it anywhere else.
> I have started getting map data popups whenever I use a Google layer via
> openlayers.  The same thing is happening on the Google overlay example
> at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
> Any idea why this has started happening and how I can prevent the popup?
>  There is already a copyright notice on the map saying who provides the map
> data.
> Thanks
> James

jrom.
http://www.jeobrowser.com
Adrià Mercader | 17 Dec 12:18 2010
Picon

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

It is something related to a change in the version of the underlying
Google Maps version. You can check it on Firebug
(google.maps.version).
The current version ("3.3.4a") loads the popup, but if you switch to
the previous one, the popup disappears:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.2&sensor=false"></script>

This loads the 3.2.11 version.

Note than on production environments you should always request a
non-development version of the API, as explained here:
http://code.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/javascript/basics.html#Versioning

Having said that, is obvious that this should be addressed on the
OpenLayers side. Maybe it is too early to know the fix, but maybe you
can define some option when creating the Google Maps object to prevent
the popups.

Adrià

<james.r.croft@...> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I know this might not be directly an OpenLayers question but I'm not seeing
>> it anywhere else.
>> I have started getting map data popups whenever I use a Google layer via
>> openlayers.  The same thing is happening on the Google overlay example
>> at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
>> Any idea why this has started happening and how I can prevent the popup?
>>  There is already a copyright notice on the map saying who provides the map
>> data.
>> Thanks
>> James

> jrom.
> http://www.jeobrowser.com

Adrià Mercader
-----------------------------
http://amercader.net
Adrià Mercader | 17 Dec 12:39 2010
Picon

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

Hi again,
I'm forwarding this thread to the dev list.
I've located the property that causes the popups to appear in the last
version of the Google Maps API.
If the disableDefaultUI property of the google.maps.Map options is set
to true, the popup appears:
http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/browser/trunk/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Layer/Google/v3.js#L89

<james.r.croft@...> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I know this might not be directly an OpenLayers question but I'm not seeing
>>> it anywhere else.
>>> I have started getting map data popups whenever I use a Google layer via
>>> openlayers.  The same thing is happening on the Google overlay example
>>> at http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/
>>> Any idea why this has started happening and how I can prevent the popup?
>>>  There is already a copyright notice on the map saying who provides the map
>>> data.
>>> Thanks
>>> James
>>>

>> --
>> jrom.
>> http://www.jeobrowser.com

> Adrià Mercader
> -----------------------------
> http://amercader.net

Adrià Mercader
-----------------------------
http://amercader.net
BMcBride | 17 Dec 16:10 2010

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

Thanks for the quick fix.  Any idea what's really going on here with Google's
API?  This behavior seems intermittent from what I've noticed so far...

BRYAN

-----
Bryan R. McBride, GISP
http://www.bryanmcbride.com bryanmcbride.com
http://geoserving.net/ geoserving.net

elshae | 1 Nov 15:12 2011
Picon

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

I use :

.olLayerGoogleCopyright {
    display: none;
}

Cheers,

elshae

Andreas Hocevar | 2 Nov 10:26 2011

On Nov 1, 2011, at 15:12 , elshae wrote:

> I use :
>
> .olLayerGoogleCopyright {
>    display: none;
> }

By doing so, you violate the Terms of Use. Instead, you should use a more recent version of OpenLayers - this
problem was fixed in 2.11.

Andreas.

> Cheers,
>
> elshae

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/
elijah.bitting | 29 May 21:22 2012
Picon

Re: Map data popups on Google overlays

Hi Andreas,

First of all thank you for all your great work on the OpenLayers project...
I have been working with OL for almost 3 years now.

I have updated to OpenLayers version 2.11 and am still getting google's "Map
Data" Popup when I show any google layer. The google JS reference i use is:
https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.2&sensor=false

Any help is appreciated.

Eric Lemoine | 29 May 21:32 2012

Re: [Openlayers-Users] Map data popups on Google overlays

First of all thank you for all your great work on the OpenLayers project...
I have been working with OL for almost 3 years now.

I have updated to OpenLayers version 2.11 and am still getting google's "Map
Data" Popup when I show any google layer. The google JS reference i use is:
https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.2&sensor=false

Any help is appreciated.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS
Savoie Technolac, BP 352
73377 Le Bourget du Lac, Cedex

Tel : 00 33 4 79 44 44 96
Mail : eric.lemoine-vRqkqqOcNB5PC9TT5Vdp3Q@public.gmane.org
http://www.camptocamp.com

Burgholzer,Robert | 15 Oct 14:54 2008

Re: [OpenLayers-Users] MapServer OpenLayers Layer fails to load

Jeff,
I have had some trouble loading more than one WFS layer in a single OL
interface - only one layer of that type could be loaded (at least at the
time I tried).  Perhaps the same limitation exists for type mapserver -
or perhaps it was the mapserver layer that I had problems with, not WFS.

Try switching the order, and also, in case this has already been solved,
make sure that you are using 2.7.

HTH

Robert W. Burgholzer
Surface Water Modeler