EmilLask | 8 Jan 16:32 2013
Picon

Repeat in Score and in Midi

Hi,

If I introduce a repeat (\repeat volta 2  or \bar ":|") the Score is
perfect, but the midi doesn't repeat the measures.

Is it possible to do it?

Thanks

Emil

David Kastrup | 8 Jan 16:36 2013
X-Face

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

EmilLask <laskemil <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> If I introduce a repeat (\repeat volta 2  or \bar ":|") the Score is
> perfect, but the midi doesn't repeat the measures.
>
> Is it possible to do it?

<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/repeats-in-midi>

David Kastrup
EmilLask | 8 Jan 17:02 2013
Picon

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

Thank you.

ex.

\parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB) {
   \key b \minor
   \time 4/4

   \voiceOne

\unfoldRepeats {
 \repeat volta 2 {
 b4. d16 e fis8 d cis b} |
 \repeat volta 2 {
 b,4 fis' d e} |
}
 ais8 g' fis e d cis16 d e8 cis |
 fis4 ais fis cis |

   fis2 ~ fis8 e16 d cis8 b |
   d4 cis b e |

   ais2 r8 cis16 b ais b cis8 |
   fis4 fis, fis' e |

   r8 b16 cis d e fis8 fis b, fis' b, |
   d4 fis d b |

   r8 eis16 fis gis a b8 b16 cis d8 cis b  |
   cis4 eis gis eis |
(Continue reading)

Marc Hohl | 9 Jan 08:18 2013
Picon

Am 08.01.2013 17:02, schrieb EmilLask:
> Thank you.
>
> ex.
>
> \parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB) {
> [...]
>
>     \bar ":|:"

\bar "..." tells LilyPond to draw this specific bar line *without* being
interpreted
musically. To make MIDI work as expected, you'll have to use \repeat ... and
\unfoldRepeats, as David pointed out earlier.

HTH,

Marc
EmilLask | 9 Jan 10:13 2013
Picon

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

Yes, but if I use  \repeat ... and  \unfoldRepeats

it repeats one measure only.

How can I repeat more than one measure in parallel mode?

Emil

curtmcd | 9 Jan 10:32 2013

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

Hi,

I do it by using one \score for the layout and another \score for the MIDI.
For example, see below.

Regards,
-Curt

mainRh = { [music...] }
mainLh = { [music...] }
codaRh = { [music...] }
codaLh = { [music...] }

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = "rh" { \repeat volta 2 \mainRh    \codaRh }
    \new Staff = "lh" { \repeat volta 2 \mainLh    \codaLh }

  \layout { }
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff = "rh" { \repeat unfold 2 \mainRh    \codaRh }
    \new Staff = "lh" { \repeat unfold 2 \mainLh    \codaLh }

  \midi { }
}

EmilLask | 9 Jan 18:47 2013
Picon

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

Thank everyone  very much and thank Hwaen Ch'uqi particularly for the
suggestions and the examples.

All more efficient or elegant solutions will be welcome.

Ex.

global = {
 \key c \major
 \time 4/4
}

\parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB) {

      c'' c'' c'' c''  | %voiceA measure 1
      c' c' c' c'     | %voiceB measure 1

      g' g' g' g'    | %voiceA measure 2
      g g g g       | %voiceB measure 2
      }

\parallelMusic #'(voiceC voiceD) {

     c' c' c' c'   | %voiceC measure 3
     c c c c      | %voiceD measure 3

     g' g' g' g'  | %voiceC measure 4
     g g g g     | %voiceD measure 4

     d' d' d' d'  | %voiceC measure 5
(Continue reading)

EmilLask | 9 Jan 18:52 2013
Picon

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

EC

Ex.

global = {
\key c \major
\time 4/4
}

\parallelMusic #'(voiceA voiceB) {

     c'' c'' c'' c''  | %voiceA measure 1
     c' c' c' c'     | %voiceB measure 1

     g' g' g' g'    | %voiceA measure 2
     g g g g       | %voiceB measure 2
     }

\parallelMusic #'(voiceC voiceD) {

    c' c' c' c'   | %voiceC measure 3
    c c c c      | %voiceD measure 3

    g' g' g' g'  | %voiceC measure 4
    g g g g     | %voiceD measure 4

    d' d' d' d'  | %voiceC measure 5
    d d d d     | %voiceD measure 5

   e' e' e' e'   | %voiceC measure 6
(Continue reading)

David Kastrup | 9 Jan 10:30 2013
X-Face

Re: Repeat in Score and in Midi

EmilLask <laskemil <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, but if I use  \repeat ... and  \unfoldRepeats
>
> it repeats one measure only.
>
> How can I repeat more than one measure in parallel mode?

\unfoldRepeats is a command working on the immediately following piece
of music.  If you write

\unfoldRepeats x y z

then only x will get unfolded repeats.  Use { } or similar to get more
than one music expression unfolded.

David Kastrup

Gmane