Miok Wah | 27 Jan 19:33 2011

USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?

Hello list,

We got the USRP E100 and tried to log in via the USB console, following the
instructions in:
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/FAQ

However, the USRP E100 is not detected according to dmesg.  And our PC host
does not establish a /dev/ttyUSB0.

BTW, is it possible to log in via the Ethernet?

Anyone who had experience with E100 please help!  Thank you!

Ben Hilburn | 27 Jan 19:38 2011
Picon

Re: USRP E100 login: Ethernet and USB?

> However, the USRP E100 is not detected according to dmesg.  And our PC host
> does not establish a /dev/ttyUSB0.

Really? It doesn't see anything at all?  What host OS are you running,
and are you running daemons like hal and/or udev?

> BTW, is it possible to log in via the Ethernet?

Yes, you should be able to SSH into the E100 as root over Ethernet.
Just make sure you give the E100 time to boot up before trying.

Cheers,
Ben