Martin Braun (CEL | 2 Jan 23:10 2013

Happy 2013!

Hi everyone,

I'd like to wish everyone a happy and productive 2013.
For GNU Radio, this year is already looking awesome: Look out for the
3.7.0 release (you can follow it's development on the 'next' branch),
which will bring cool new stuff.

Google Summer of Code 2013 will hopefully be even more successful as the
last one was (I'll be posting more info soon, but you can start thinking
about projects!). We're also planning on having another GNU Radio
Conference, but right now there are no details fixed for this.

If one of your New Year's resolutions was to hack more Software Radio,
or become more involved with GNU Radio, don't let that slip like all the
other ones (you can still stop smoking in 2014 :D ).
With the recent rebooting of the issue tracker, the availability of
gnuradio on github, gr_modtool and other scriplets, as well as the
increased number of tutorials and howtos on our wiki and the other web
sites, developing GNU Radio has never been easier (OK, I sound like a
TV sales guy. But it's still true).

Frohes Neues![1]

MB

[1] That's German for "Happy New Year", in case you were wondering.

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)
(Continue reading)

Karan Talasila | 2 Jan 23:51 2013
Picon

Re: Happy 2013!

Hi Martin,
                  Happy New year to you too. Work is going on full swing for GNU radio. But is the google summer of code 2013 announced?

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-43790
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
www.cel.kit.edu

Regards
Karan Talasila
Martin Braun (CEL | 3 Jan 14:48 2013

Re: Happy 2013!

On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 05:51:39PM -0500, Karan Talasila wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>                   Happy New year to you too. Work is going on full swing for
> GNU radio. But is the google summer of code 2013 announced?

No, it hasn't. Last year, Google announced it in February.

That said, there's no reason to assume there won't be a continuation,
and other FLOSS projects have started gathering project ideas.

MB