Jim Barry | 15 Apr 00:16 2014
Picon

antigrain.com

Hi folks,

It has come to my attention that the antigrain.com website has gone offline in the last few days. According to a whois lookup, the domain is pending renewal or deletion.

The question is what to do, if anything. The site is archived on the Wayback Machine:

However, this is obviously not going to be indexed by search engines. The archive could be copied, for instance, to the SourceForge project web (http://agg.sourceforge.net/). I am not a lawyer, but I think there may be copyright issues with that. Alternatively, the SourceForge project could just link to archive.org.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

- Jim
Xavier Wang | 15 Apr 02:32 2014
Picon

Re: antigrain.com

maybe this is a chance to move agg to github?

2014年4月15日 上午6:17于 "Jim Barry" <jim <at> chez-jim.net>写道:
Hi folks,

It has come to my attention that the antigrain.com website has gone offline in the last few days. According to a whois lookup, the domain is pending renewal or deletion.

The question is what to do, if anything. The site is archived on the Wayback Machine:

However, this is obviously not going to be indexed by search engines. The archive could be copied, for instance, to the SourceForge project web (http://agg.sourceforge.net/). I am not a lawyer, but I think there may be copyright issues with that. Alternatively, the SourceForge project could just link to archive.org.

What do you all think?

Thanks,

- Jim

Wojtek Mamrak | 15 Apr 07:40 2014
Picon

Re: antigrain.com

Ignoring any copywright issues, acting on behalf of the community, I
would move the archive to sourceforge or wherever it would be easly
accessible.

> maybe this is a chance to move agg to github?
>
> 2014年4月15日 上午6:17于 "Jim Barry" <jim <at> chez-jim.net>写道:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> It has come to my attention that the antigrain.com website has gone
>> offline in the last few days. According to a whois lookup, the domain is
>> pending renewal or deletion.
>>
>> The question is what to do, if anything. The site is archived on the
>> Wayback Machine:
>>
>> http://web.archive.org/web/20140209160701/http://www.antigrain.com/
>>
>> However, this is obviously not going to be indexed by search engines. The
>> archive could be copied, for instance, to the SourceForge project web
>> (http://agg.sourceforge.net/). I am not a lawyer, but I think there may be
>> copyright issues with that. Alternatively, the SourceForge project could
>> just link to archive.org.
>>
>> What do you all think?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Jim

Wojtek Mamrak | 15 Apr 07:43 2014
Picon

Re: antigrain.com

on behalf of the community and in its favor*

> Ignoring any copywright issues, acting on behalf of the community, I
> would move the archive to sourceforge or wherever it would be easly
> accessible.

>> maybe this is a chance to move agg to github?
>>
>> 2014年4月15日 上午6:17于 "Jim Barry" <jim <at> chez-jim.net>写道:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> It has come to my attention that the antigrain.com website has gone
>>> offline in the last few days. According to a whois lookup, the domain is
>>> pending renewal or deletion.
>>>
>>> The question is what to do, if anything. The site is archived on the
>>> Wayback Machine:
>>>
>>> http://web.archive.org/web/20140209160701/http://www.antigrain.com/
>>>
>>> However, this is obviously not going to be indexed by search engines. The
>>> archive could be copied, for instance, to the SourceForge project web
>>> (http://agg.sourceforge.net/). I am not a lawyer, but I think there may be
>>> copyright issues with that. Alternatively, the SourceForge project could
>>> just link to archive.org.
>>>
>>> What do you all think?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> - Jim

Nicolas Rougier | 15 Apr 07:54 2014

Re: antigrain.com

And github might be a good solution for that.

In the meantime, what is the best way to retrieve an archive of the whole site through web.archive.org ?

Nicolas

On 15 Apr 2014, at 07:43, Wojtek Mamrak <wmamrak <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> on behalf of the community and in its favor*

>> Ignoring any copywright issues, acting on behalf of the community, I
>> would move the archive to sourceforge or wherever it would be easly
>> accessible.

>>> maybe this is a chance to move agg to github?
>>>
>>> 2014年4月15日 上午6:17于 "Jim Barry" <jim <at> chez-jim.net>写道:

klaas.holwerda | 16 Apr 01:26 2014
Picon

Re: antigrain.com

Hi,

Something like this, needs to be improved, but it starts.

  wget -e robots=off --mirror --domains=web.archive.org
http://web.archive.org/web/20140209160701/http://www.antigrain.com/

Idea from: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/25340/download-recursively-with-wget

Examples enough via google, for web.archive.org, but we need to find the correct options.
Like above I get links like: href="/web/20140103133352/http://antigrain.com/"
That is not what is wanted I think, must be stripped relative to a root. How to do that??
Else a rename script after downloading may help??

Klaas

On 04/15/2014 07:54 AM, Nicolas Rougier wrote:
> And github might be a good solution for that.
>
> In the meantime, what is the best way to retrieve an archive of the whole site through web.archive.org ?
>

> Nicolas
>
> On 15 Apr 2014, at 07:43, Wojtek Mamrak <wmamrak <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> on behalf of the community and in its favor*

>>> Ignoring any copywright issues, acting on behalf of the community, I
>>> would move the archive to sourceforge or wherever it would be easly
>>> accessible.

Jim Barry | 16 Apr 00:20 2014
Picon

Re: antigrain.com