Tatsuro MATSUOKA | 1 Sep 01:34 2011
Picon

gnuplot on mingw64 status

Hello

I have been tried to build gnuplot on mingw64 platform.
Unfortunately the trail was not successful.
However, I will the the current status as a memo.

1. build tools
Cygwin + mingw64 cross compile tool chain is used.
The reason of the selection is the above is the most systematic at this moment.

2. Problem of cvs source
The gdiplus is not implemented on mingw64.  So that I cannot compile wgdiplus.cpp.

3. Build on gnuplot-4.4.3 source
Because current cvs requires gdiplus. So I have tried using gnuplot-4.4.3 source.
gnuplot.exe is genarated. But it does not work due error 0xc000007b (The application was unable to start
correctly.).

It seem not to be easy work to build gnuplot on mingw64.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Tatsuro

I have to stu

Bastian Märkisch | 1 Sep 13:49 2011
Picon

Re: gnuplot on mingw64 status

Dear Tatsuro,

thanks for the update. Out of curiosity: what benefits for Windows users
do you expect from a 64bit build?

Am 01.09.2011 01:34, schrieb Tatsuro MATSUOKA:
> I have been tried to build gnuplot on mingw64 platform.
> Unfortunately the trail was not successful.
> However, I will the the current status as a memo.
>
> 1. build tools
> Cygwin + mingw64 cross compile tool chain is used.
> The reason of the selection is the above is the most systematic at this moment.
>
> 2. Problem of cvs source
> The gdiplus is not implemented on mingw64.  So that I cannot compile wgdiplus.cpp.
>
> 3. Build on gnuplot-4.4.3 source
> Because current cvs requires gdiplus. So I have tried using gnuplot-4.4.3 source.

Just to clarify: current cvs should not require gdiplus (Watcom does not
support gdiplus at the moment). There are conditionals in the code
(HAVE_GDIPLUS). For MinGW (32) this is enabled unconditionally in
config/config.mgw - just disable that line. You would also have to
remove the library from LDLIBS in config/mingw/Makefile.

> gnuplot.exe is genarated. But it does not work due error 0xc000007b (The application was unable to start correctly.).

Does your setup work for other programs, e.g. some simple "Hello world!"
(Continue reading)

Tatsuro MATSUOKA | 1 Sep 23:28 2011
Picon

Re: gnuplot on mingw64 status

Hello Bastian Märkisch

Thank you for your reply.

--- On Thu, 2011/9/1, Bastian Märkisch wrote:

> Dear Tatsuro,
>
> thanks for the update. Out of curiosity: what benefits for Windows users
> do you expect from a 64bit build?

At present, I expect little benefits for 64 bit build for the gnuplot.
Octave for windows on 64 bit build has a benefit to treat large size data.
Before I challenge the octave build I have tried 64 bit build on the gnuplot.

Another point: Window 7 64 bit is now implemented even on $400 PC.
Applications will move to 64 bit in the future as win16 was replaced by win32.