chunlianhu | 19 Apr 13:05 2011
Picon

about setting scale for different axis

Hi all
I am new in learning mayavi. And I have a question on it. Could the scale be set at a given area?  I mean, in software origin, you can set the scale of x, y and z axis from -1 to 1 or from 0 to 1, whatever you want. But in mayavi, how the scale can be set? Thanks a lot.
Regards
Chunlian

2011-04-19
Chunlian Hu
School of Physics M013
The University of Western Australia
35 Stirling Highway
Crawley, Western Australia 6009
AUSTRALIA

Gael Varoquaux | 19 Apr 14:11 2011

Re: about setting scale for different axis

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:05:24PM +0100, chunlianhu wrote:
>    I am new in learning mayavi. And I have a question on it. Could the scale
>    be set at a given area?  I mean, in software origin, you can set the scale
>    of x, y and z axis from -1 to 1 or from 0 to 1, whatever you want. But in
>    mayavi, how the scale can be set? Thanks a lot.

This is, in general, not possible, as Mayavi does not have the notion of
a data space and simply uses the coordinates it is given.

That said, most mlab plotting functions take a 'extents' keyword argument
that can be of some use here. See for instance
http://github.enthought.com/mayavi/mayavi/auto/mlab_helper_functions.html#enthought.mayavi.mlab.points3d

Hope this helps,

Gael