Mark Murphy | 1 Jan 02:17 2012

Re: Why isn't "layoutopt" in my sdk?

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed the mention of the "layoutopt" tool in the Android Training
> pages.  I see that I don't have that in my sdk distro anywhere. I've kept
> the SDK installed from the ADT pretty up to date, but perhaps that's
> separate from this.
>
> Why might it be missing?

My guess is that it has been subsumed into the lint utility.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!

Tor Norbye | 1 Jan 02:23 2012
Picon

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Mark Murphy <mmurphy <at> commonsware.com> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed the mention of the "layoutopt" tool in the Android Training
> pages.  I see that I don't have that in my sdk distro anywhere. I've kept
> the SDK installed from the ADT pretty up to date, but perhaps that's
> separate from this.
>
> Why might it be missing?

My guess is that it has been subsumed into the lint utility.

Correct. Lint includes all the layoutopt rules (and more).

We'll try to get the training docs updated.

-- Tor