chander | 13 Jan 10:59 2012
Picon

Android 4.0 Encryption feature

hi all,

Android 4.0 brings the encryption feature of android 3.0 devices to
mobile phones. i want to try "ENCRYPT PHONE"
feature of android 4.0 but i don't have a physical device, can is it
possible to do it with Android Emulator?

or i want to ask that if i want to encrypt Phone contacts then will it
work for contacts too?

please suggest me something so that i can try this feature "ENCRYPT
PHONE" on emulator.

Thanks
Chandra Mohan

Mark Murphy | 13 Jan 13:19 2012

Re: Android 4.0 Encryption feature

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:59 AM, chander <mohan.ck10 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Android 4.0 brings the encryption feature of android 3.0 devices to
> mobile phones. i want to try "ENCRYPT PHONE"
> feature of android 4.0 but i don't have a physical device, can is it
> possible to do it with Android Emulator?

I have not gone through the whole process, but it certainly looks like
it will try. Note that you will need to telnet into the emulator and
run the power capacity 100 command, otherwise the emulator thinks
there is not enough charge to encrypt the phone.

> or i want to ask that if i want to encrypt Phone contacts then will it
> work for contacts too?

It is whole disk encryption. It encrypts everything.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!

Chander mourya | 13 Jan 16:55 2012
Picon

Re: Android 4.0 Encryption feature

Thanks Murphy, yes i have to run commands and run the charging to 100%
, i am trying to find out the details how it can be done. if you have
some links related to this please send it to me.

Thanks for your suggestion murphy....

On 1/13/12, Mark Murphy <mmurphy <at> commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 4:59 AM, chander <mohan.ck10 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>> Android 4.0 brings the encryption feature of android 3.0 devices to
>> mobile phones. i want to try "ENCRYPT PHONE"
>> feature of android 4.0 but i don't have a physical device, can is it
>> possible to do it with Android Emulator?
>
> I have not gone through the whole process, but it certainly looks like
> it will try. Note that you will need to telnet into the emulator and
> run the power capacity 100 command, otherwise the emulator thinks
> there is not enough charge to encrypt the phone.
>
>> or i want to ask that if i want to encrypt Phone contacts then will it
>> work for contacts too?
>
> It is whole disk encryption. It encrypts everything.
>
> --
> Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
> http://commonsware.com | http://github.com/commonsguy
> http://commonsware.com/blog | http://twitter.com/commonsguy
>
> _Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.1 Available!

(Continue reading)

Mark Murphy | 13 Jan 18:36 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Chander mourya <mohan.ck10 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Murphy, yes i have to run commands and run the charging to 100%
> , i am trying to find out the details how it can be done. if you have
> some links related to this please send it to me.

It should be no different on the emulator than on a device. You should
be able to find instructions via a search engine, such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzgSjX7sbro

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, One Low Price!

Chander mourya | 13 Jan 19:22 2012
Picon

Re: Android 4.0 Encryption feature

Thanks a lot Murphy, I have done it on my Emulator.

I Telnet  into the emulator and run the power capacity command as

power capacity 100       then the battery power changed to 100% and
now i am able to run "Encrypt Phone" Feature on my emulator. currently
my Encryption is going on, i think it wil take 1-2 Hours.

Thanks a lot again.....