sandeep kaushik | 30 Aug 10:11 2010
Picon

: V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi,

I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
platform.
Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?

Regards
Sandeep

Rahul Soparkar | 2 Sep 08:47 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi

First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
kernel configuration,
Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
framework.

Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
camera sensor :

"http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
f6b9c22ee45a68c4"

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

On Aug 30, 1:11 pm, sandeep kaushik <sandeep...@...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
> platform.
> Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
> patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?
>
> Regards
(Continue reading)

Raju Sana | 21 Sep 08:27 2010
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi

I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.

please find  me some pointers on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
kernel configuration,
Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
framework.

Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
camera sensor :

"http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
f6b9c22ee45a68c4
"

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

On Aug 30, 1:11 pm, sandeep kaushik <sandeep...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
> platform.
> Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
> patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?
>
> Regards
> Sandeep

rahul soparkar | 21 Sep 08:46 2010
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi Venkat,

The analysis which you have done about vold is correct, vold is not able to detect the sdcard may be as the device path specified in the vold.conf is not correct.

The path can be something like :
     /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.

please find  me some pointers on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
kernel configuration,
Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
framework.

Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
camera sensor :

"http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
f6b9c22ee45a68c4
"

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

On Aug 30, 1:11 pm, sandeep kaushik <sandeep...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
> platform.
> Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
> patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?
>
> Regards
> Sandeep

Raju Sana | 21 Sep 12:23 2010
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Rabhul,

I have verified the path which has been given  in vold.fstab is same as you mentioned and also  the same entry is present in   /sys  .

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

The analysis which you have done about vold is correct, vold is not able to detect the sdcard may be as the device path specified in the vold.conf is not correct.

The path can be something like :
     /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.

please find  me some pointers on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Venkat.

First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
kernel configuration,
Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
framework.

Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
camera sensor :

"http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
f6b9c22ee45a68c4
"

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

On Aug 30, 1:11 pm, sandeep kaushik <sandeep...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
> platform.
> Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
> patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?
>
> Regards
> Sandeep

August | 26 Sep 08:51 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

i have meet the same problem with you ,after i change the path like
it:
/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0,but when i click on the
camera application ,it shows
please insert the SD card .can you give me some advice.
what 's more,there is another problem.when i open the camera,it
shows:open error ,no space left on device.have you meet the problem
like this.can you give me some advice too.
thanks a lot.

On Sep 21, 6:23 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
> [...]

> > this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check
> > the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Rahul Soparkar
>
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...>wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> >> builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> >> the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> >> I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> >> card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> >> please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Venkat.
>
> >> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Rahul Soparkar <soparkar.ra... <at> gmail.com

August | 25 Sep 14:22 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

i meet the same problem with ,and my kernel is 2.6.24.7.i did the
gspca1.patch,because there is not gspca in the /media/videa.but after
i click on the application of camera,  it says please insert
the SD card .
and i also found error in the logcat:"cant open ,no space left on
device "
can you give me some advice. thanks a lot

On Sep 21, 6:23 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
> Rabhul,
>
> I have verified the path which has been given  in vold.fstab is same as you
> mentioned and also  the same entry is present in   /sys  .
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Venkat.
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:16 PM, rahul soparkar
> <soparkar.ra...@...>wrote:
>
> > Hi Venkat,
>
> > The analysis which you have done about vold is correct, vold is not able to
> > detect the sdcard may be as the device path specified in the vold.conf is
> > not correct.
>
> > The path can be something like :
> >      /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
> > this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check
> > the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Rahul Soparkar
>
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...>wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> >> builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> >> the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> >> I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> >> card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> >> please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Venkat.
>
> >> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Rahul Soparkar <soparkar.ra... <at> gmail.com

Rahul Soparkar | 2 Oct 08:02 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi

There are a few things you can verify:

Part I (kernel)

(1)make sure thus kernel configuration in MMC driver

CONFIG_MMC=y
# CONFIG_MMC_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_MMC_UNSAFE_RESUME=y
# CONFIG_MMC_EMBEDDED_SDIO is not set
CONFIG_MMC_PARANOID_SD_INIT=y

#
# MMC/SD Card Drivers
#
CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK=y
CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK_BOUNCE=y
# CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK_PARANOID_RESUME is not set
# CONFIG_SDIO_UART is not set
# CONFIG_MMC_TEST is not set

#
# MMC/SD Host Controller Drivers
#
CONFIG_MMC_SDHCI=y

(2)Disable this option in kernel menuconfig
General Setup -> Create deprecated sysfs layout for older userspace
tools

Before I did this,vold showed a lot of trouble.
And ,my media_path is not right
media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host:mmc0<--my path
before turn off that option

media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0 <--this is the
right one

Vold may be unhappy to accept my old path,and it didn't work.

D/vold    (   42): Accepted connection from framework
D/vold    (   42): dispatch_cmd(send_ums_status):
D/vold    (   42): dispatch_cmd(mount_volume:/sdcard):
E/vold    (   42): Cannot start volume '/sdcard' (volume is not bound)
D/MountListener(   59): handleEvent volume_nomedia:/sdcard
D/MountListener(   59): handleEvent ums_disabled
D/MountListener(   59): handleEvent ums_disconnected

(3) rebuild your linux kernel

PART II(android system)

(1) creat a vold.conf in build/target/board/idea6410  (this path will
be different for you,  specific to your board )

## vold configuration file for idea6410

volume_sdcard {
    ## This is the direct uevent device path to the SD slot on the
device
media_path /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

    media_type     mmc
    mount_point    /sdcard
    ums_path       /devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0
}

(2)add those below to AndroidBoard.mk

include $(CLEAR_VARS)
LOCAL_MODULE_CLASS := ETC
LOCAL_MODULE := vold.conf
LOCAL_SRC_FILES := $(LOCAL_MODULE)
include $(BUILD_PREBUILT)

(3)rebuild the system and check init.rc

service vold /system/bin/vold
    socket vold stream 0660 root mount

D/vold    (   42): Accepted connection from framework
D/vold    (   42): dispatch_cmd(send_ums_status):
D/vold    (   42): dispatch_cmd(mount_volume:/sdcard):
I/vold    (   42): Evaluating dev '/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/
mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:e624/block/mmcblk0' for mountable filesystems for '/
sdcard'
D/MountListener(   61): handleEvent volume_unmounted:/sdcard
D/MountListener(   61): handleEvent ums_disabled
D/MountListener(   61): handleEvent ums_disconnected
D/MountListener(   61): handleEvent volume_checking:/sdcard

Lets see if these steps work for you.
Also, can you post the log messages coming from vold.

Cheers,
Rahul Soparkar

On Sep 21, 3:23 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
> Rabhul,
>
> I have verified the path which has been given  in vold.fstab is same as you
> mentioned and also  the same entry is present in   /sys  .
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Venkat.
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:16 PM, rahul soparkar
> <soparkar.ra...@...>wrote:
>

> > Hi Venkat,
>
> > The analysis which you have done about vold is correct, vold is not able to
> > detect the sdcard may be as the device path specified in the vold.conf is
> > not correct.
>
> > The path can be something like :
> >      /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
> > this path corresponds to the sysfs devices entry path for the sdcard. check
> > the entry in your sysfs for the kernel used, it might be different.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Rahul Soparkar
>
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...>wrote:
>
> >> Hi
>
> >> I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> >> builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> >> the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> >> I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> >> card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> >> please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> >> Thanks & Regards,
> >> Venkat.
>
> >> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Rahul Soparkar <soparkar.ra... <at> gmail.com

August | 25 Sep 14:15 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

i also meet the same problem.

I have ported android- 2.6.24.7 to my s3c smdk6410,and the filesystem
is eclair that I built from the source code.Now I can boot it up and
see the main window. and I also did the v4l2.patch in the libcamera
and get a new libcamera.so and a libcameraservice.so. what's more, i
also did the gspca1.patch in the usb/media.because i found there is
not gspca1 in the kernel 2.6.14.7.
but after I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD
card  and another problem: "can't open ,no space left on device "

have you solve it ,please give me some advice.
thanks a lot

On Sep 21, 2:27 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Venkat.
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Rahul Soparkar <soparkar.ra...@...>wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
> > kernel configuration,
> > Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
> > interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
> > care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
> > between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
> > framework.
>
> > Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
> > implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
> > version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
> > camera sensor :
>
> > "http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
> > f6b9c22ee45a68c4<http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/%...>
> > "
>
> > Cheers,
> > Rahul Soparkar
>
> > On Aug 30, 1:11 pm, sandeep kaushik <sandeep...@...> wrote:
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I have a query about using v4l2 based driver for camera on android 2.2
> > > platform.
> > > Is there any application available for testing camera? Also, what
> > > patch that needs to be added on android for supporting v4l2 feature?
>
> > > Regards
> > > Sandeep
>
> > --

Srikant | 28 Sep 03:10 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Verify this path exists in your target adb shell
/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

also check in your vold.conf file, it should be like
/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

Then your SD card should detect.

On Sep 25, 5:15 pm, August <huangbo0...@...> wrote:
> i also meet the same problem.
>
> I have ported android- 2.6.24.7 to my s3c smdk6410,and the filesystem
> is eclair that I built from the source code.Now I can boot it up and
> see the main window. and I also did the v4l2.patch in the libcamera
> and get a new libcamera.so and a libcameraservice.so. what's more, i
> also did the gspca1.patch in the usb/media.because i found there is
> not gspca1 in the kernel 2.6.14.7.
> but after I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD
> card  and another problem: "can't open ,no space left on device "
>
> have you solve it ,please give me some advice.
> thanks a lot
>
> On Sep 21, 2:27 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
>
> > Hi
>
> > I have ported the similar V4L2 stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> > builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> > the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> > I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> > card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> > please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Venkat.
>
> > On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Rahul Soparkar <soparkar.ra... <at> gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Hi
>
> > > First you need to verify does your kernel support V4L2 through your
> > > kernel configuration,
> > > Then you have to write an HAL implementation according to the Camera
> > > interface specified by android2.2, your HAL implementation should take
> > > care about the V4L2 stuff, and would act as an communication bridge
> > > between your V4L2 based camera driver in linux and the android
> > > framework.
>
> > > Below given link will of some help, they even have a patch for the HAL
> > > implementation for V4L2 based camera but i think its for a older
> > > version of android u need to modify accoring to android 2.2 and your
> > > camera sensor :
>
> > > "http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
> > > f6b9c22ee45a68c4<http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/%...>
> > > "
>
> > > Cheers,
> > > Rahul Soparkar

> > > --

August | 28 Sep 08:50 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Thans for you reply.
i have verified this path exists in my target adb shell /sys/devices/
platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0.however,the path is longer than it
like this:/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001 .
there are two partitions ,one is for rootfs.another one is for music
like XXXX.ogg.and check my vold.conf file it is like this:/devices/
platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0

so do you know how to change the vold.conf file to be suitable for the
situation of two partition.
thanks again.

On Sep 28, 9:10 am, Srikant <w.sreeka...@...> wrote:
> Verify this path exists in your target adb shell
> /sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> also check in your vold.conf file, it should be like
> /devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> Then your SD card should detect.
>
> On Sep 25, 5:15 pm, August <huangbo0...@...> wrote:
>
> > i also meet the same problem.
>
> > I have ported android- 2.6.24.7 to my s3c smdk6410,and the filesystem
> > is eclair that I built from the source code.Now I can boot it up and
> > see the main window. and I also did thev4l2.patch in the libcamera
> > and get a new libcamera.so and a libcameraservice.so. what's more, i
> > also did the gspca1.patch in the usb/media.because i found there is
> > not gspca1 in the kernel 2.6.14.7.
> > but after I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD
> > card  and another problem: "can't open ,no space left on device "
>
> > have you solve it ,please give me some advice.
> > thanks a lot
>
> > On Sep 21, 2:27 pm, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
>
> > > I have ported the similarV4L2stuff to android2.2 on beagle board , it
> > > builds for me but when I click on Camera application it says please insert
> > > the SD card . Are there any  vold issues in android2.2 ?
> > > I guess  the media scanner or vold some how unable to detect/mount the SD
> > > card such that the camera application was not aware of SD card.
>
> > > please find  me some pointers on this.
>
> > > Thanks & Regards,
> > > Venkat.

Srikant | 30 Sep 06:09 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Have a look at in vold.fstab file

There is an example for specifying specific partitions for mounting

-

On Sep 28, 11:50 am, August <huangbo0...@...> wrote:
> Thans for you reply.
> i have verified this path exists in my target adb shell /sys/devices/
> platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0.however,the path is longer than it
> like this:/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001 .
> there are two partitions ,one is for rootfs.another one is for music
> like XXXX.ogg.and check my vold.conf file it is like this:/devices/
> platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> so do you know how to change the vold.conf file to be suitable for the
> situation of two partition.
> thanks again.
>
> On Sep 28, 9:10 am, Srikant <w.sreeka...@...> wrote:
>

> > Verify this path exists in your target adb shell
> > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > also check in your vold.conf file, it should be like
> > /devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > Then your SD card should detect.
>
> > On Sep 25, 5:15 pm, August <huangbo0...@...> wrote:
>
> > > i also meet the same problem.
>
> > > I have ported android- 2.6.24.7 to my s3c smdk6410,and the filesystem
> > > is eclair that I built from the source code.Now I can boot it up and
> > > see the main window. and I also did thev4l2.patch in the libcamera
> > > and get a new libcamera.so and a libcameraservice.so. what's more, i
> > > also did the gspca1.patch in the usb/media.because i found there is
> > > not gspca1 in the kernel 2.6.14.7.
> > > but after I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD
> > > card  and another problem: "can't open ,no space left on device "
>
> > > have you solve it ,please give me some advice.
> > > thanks a lot

Raju Sana | 30 Sep 07:18 2010
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

The path which I gave in vold.fstab is as per the mentioned example there  and is as follows.

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0

Still my camera application broken by saying please insert the SD card.

I  browse the source code  dig a little more into it and found that  the camera application has registered for the the event notifications of MEDIA_MOUNT as there was no event broadcast  like MEDIA_MOUNT it was throwing the exceptions and camera application breaks. I guess the Volume Manager is culprit here as it responsible for mounting the SD card and broad cast the event but same code is working on the zoom2 board I just wonder.

Thanks &Regards,
Venky.

On Sep 28, 11:50 am, August <huangbo0...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Thans for you reply.
> i have verified this path exists in my target adb shell /sys/devices/
> platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0.however,the path is longer than it
> like this:/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001 .
> there are two partitions ,one is for rootfs.another one is for music
> like XXXX.ogg.and check my vold.conf file it is like this:/devices/
> platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> so do you know how to change the vold.conf file to be suitable for the
> situation of two partition.
> thanks again.
>
> On Sep 28, 9:10 am, Srikant <w.sreeka...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>

> > Verify this path exists in your target adb shell
> > /sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > also check in your vold.conf file, it should be like
> > /devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > Then your SD card should detect.
>
> > On Sep 25, 5:15 pm, August <huangbo0...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > > i also meet the same problem.
>
> > > I have ported android- 2.6.24.7 to my s3c smdk6410,and the filesystem
> > > is eclair that I built from the source code.Now I can boot it up and
> > > see the main window. and I also did thev4l2.patch in the libcamera
> > > and get a new libcamera.so and a libcameraservice.so. what's more, i
> > > also did the gspca1.patch in the usb/media.because i found there is
> > > not gspca1 in the kernel 2.6.14.7.
> > > but after I click on Camera application it says please insert the SD
> > > card  and another problem: "can't open ,no space left on device "
>
> > > have you solve it ,please give me some advice.
> > > thanks a lot

Diego | 25 Oct 13:06 2010
Picon

Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Take a look at this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/9967bc26228f5474
It looks like vold.conf is supported up to 2.1 and vold.fstab is
supported from 2.2 on.

Diego

On Sep 30, 7:18 am, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...@...> wrote:
> The path which I gave in vold.fstab is as per the mentioned example there
> and is as follows.
>
> dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto
> /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> Still my camera application broken by saying please insert the SD card.
>
> I  browse the source code  dig a little more into it and found that  the
> camera application has registered for the the event notifications of
> MEDIA_MOUNT as there was no event broadcast  like MEDIA_MOUNT it was
> throwing the exceptions and camera application breaks. I guess the Volume
> Manager is culprit here as it responsible for mounting the SD card and broad
> cast the event but same code is working on the zoom2 board I just wonder.
>
> Thanks &Regards,
> Venky.
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Srikant <w.sreeka...@...> wrote:
> > Have a look at in vold.fstab file
>
> > There is an example for specifying specific partitions for mounting
>
> > -
>
> > On Sep 28, 11:50 am, August <huangbo0...@...> wrote:
> > > Thans for you reply.
> > > i have verified this path exists in my target adb shell /sys/devices/
> > > platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0.however,the path is longer than it
> > > like this:/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001 .
> > > there are two partitions ,one is for rootfs.another one is for music
> > > like XXXX.ogg.and check my vold.conf file it is like this:/devices/
> > > platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > > so do you know how to change the vold.conf file to be suitable for the
> > > situation of two partition.
> > > thanks again.

> > it
> > insert
> > the SD

> > Camera
> > take

> > the HAL
> > your

> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/%...>

> > android 2.2
> > what
> > supportingv4l2feature?

> > quoted text -

> > --

Raju Sana | 26 Oct 08:50 2010
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

Hi Diego,

I have tried with vold.fstab only as my android version is froyo.

Thanks & Regards,
Venky.

On Sep 30, 7:18 am, Raju Sana <venkat.raju...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The path which I gave in vold.fstab is as per the mentioned example there
> and is as follows.
>
> dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto
> /devices/platform/mmci-omap-hs.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> Still my camera application broken by saying please insert the SD card.
>
> I  browse the source code  dig a little more into it and found that  the
> camera application has registered for the the event notifications of
> MEDIA_MOUNT as there was no event broadcast  like MEDIA_MOUNT it was
> throwing the exceptions and camera application breaks. I guess the Volume
> Manager is culprit here as it responsible for mounting the SD card and broad
> cast the event but same code is working on the zoom2 board I just wonder.
>
> Thanks &Regards,
> Venky.
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Srikant <w.sreeka... <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Have a look at in vold.fstab file
>
> > There is an example for specifying specific partitions for mounting
>
> > -
>
> > On Sep 28, 11:50 am, August <huangbo0...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > > Thans for you reply.
> > > i have verified this path exists in my target adb shell /sys/devices/
> > > platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0.however,the path is longer than it
> > > like this:/sys/devices/platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001 .
> > > there are two partitions ,one is for rootfs.another one is for music
> > > like XXXX.ogg.and check my vold.conf file it is like this:/devices/
> > > platform/s3c-hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc0
>
> > > so do you know how to change the vold.conf file to be suitable for the
> > > situation of two partition.
> > > thanks again.

> > it
> > insert
> > the SD

> > Camera
> > take

> > the HAL
> > your

> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/browse_thread/thread/%...>

> > android 2.2
> > what
> > supportingv4l2feature?

> > quoted text -

> > --
Diego Rondini | 27 Oct 17:58 2010

Il giorno martedì 26 ottobre 2010 08:50:32 Raju Sana ha scritto:
> Hi Diego,
>
> I have tried with vold.fstab only as my android version is froyo.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Venky.

Could it be ACTION_MEDIA_MOUNTED the Intent you were looking for? Try taking a
look at MountService.java source code:
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob;f=services/java/com/android/server/MountService.java;h=ddf7c56d1e05448b58a7ad0b1b263558307179e9;hb=eclair

Regards,
Diego

Zeeshan Khan | 16 Jun 14:15 2013
Picon

Re: Re: : V4l2 Camera Integration

I think you need to add overlay for storage_list.xml in framework. You would need to change the storage
lists according to your device.