James Brown | 28 Mar 18:58 2012
Picon

debian repos for host-pc-connectivity don't work?

I am trying to install on my Debian laptop the package
host-pc-connectivity as described on the web-page
"http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/node3.html#SECTION00032100000000000000"
I included the string " deb
http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/repository intrepid main" in my
/etc/apt/sources.list and maked command "aptitude update".
After that I had the next result:
Err http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org intrepid/main amd64 Packages

  404  Not Found
As I can see the deb- and others packages of "host-pc-connectivity"
avialable on here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=801
How can I fix the above record for sources.list for using "aptitude" or
"apt"? Or I need to download the deb-package and make "dpkg -i"? Which
package I need to install in the last case - the latest?
Where can I get the signatures which used for signing that package?
James Brown | 28 Mar 19:03 2012
Picon

Re: debian repos for host-pc-connectivity don't work?

On 28.03.2012 16:58, James Brown wrote:
> I am trying to install on my Debian laptop the package
> host-pc-connectivity as described on the web-page
> "http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/node3.html#SECTION00032100000000000000"
> I included the string " deb
> http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/repository intrepid main" in my
> /etc/apt/sources.list and maked command "aptitude update".
> After that I had the next result:
> Err http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org intrepid/main amd64 Packages
>
>   404  Not Found
> As I can see the deb- and others packages of "host-pc-connectivity"
> avialable on here: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=801
> How can I fix the above record for sources.list for using "aptitude" or
> "apt"? Or I need to download the deb-package and make "dpkg -i"? Which
> package I need to install in the last case - the latest?
> Where can I get the signatures which used for signing that package?

Strange. I can open http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/repository/
in my browser. Why the aptitude cannot find it?
reini | 28 Mar 20:09 2012
X-Face

Am Mittwoch 28.03.2012, 18:58:08 schrieb James Brown:
> After that I had the next result:
> Err http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org intrepid/main *amd64* Packages
>
>   404  Not Found

There are no packages for amd64, just for i386.

  --reini
James Brown | 28 Mar 20:29 2012

On 28.03.2012 18:09, reini wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 28.03.2012, 18:58:08 schrieb James Brown:
>> After that I had the next result:
>> Err http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org intrepid/main *amd64* Packages
>>
>>   404  Not Found
>
> There are no packages for amd64, just for i386.
>
>   --reini

Is it possible to install them to my architecture? Will they work correct?
reini | 28 Mar 20:36 2012

Am Mittwoch 28.03.2012, 20:29:16 schrieb James Brown:
> On 28.03.2012 18:09, reini wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch 28.03.2012, 18:58:08 schrieb James Brown:
> >> After that I had the next result:
> >> Err http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org intrepid/main *amd64*
> >> Packages
> >>
> >>   404  Not Found
> >
> > There are no packages for amd64, just for i386.
> >
> >   --reini
>
> Is it possible to install them to my architecture? Will they work correct?

You're trying to install 32bit ubuntu packages on a (presumably more modern)
64bit debian. I have my doubts whether it can work at all, especially since
multiarch isn't too well supported in debian yet.
You may have better luck installing a 32bit Ubuntu Intrepid in a VM and doing
the connectivity stuff there. (I haven't tried the PC connectivity stuff, so I
don't know how useful that would be.)

  --reini
James Brown | 28 Mar 21:22 2012

On 28.03.2012 18:36, reini wrote:
> Am Mittwoch 28.03.2012, 20:29:16 schrieb James Brown:

>>> There are no packages for amd64, just for i386.
>>>
>>>   --reini
>>
>> Is it possible to install them to my architecture? Will they work correct?
>
> You're trying to install 32bit ubuntu packages on a (presumably more modern)
> 64bit debian. I have my doubts whether it can work at all, especially since
> multiarch isn't too well supported in debian yet.
> You may have better luck installing a 32bit Ubuntu Intrepid in a VM and doing
> the connectivity stuff there. (I haven't tried the PC connectivity stuff, so I
> don't know how useful that would be.)

As I can see there are some instructions for manually configuring linux
systems. It seems that it is more simple than using 'host-pc-connectivity'
But there are only instructions for Ubuntu.
There is no file /etc/udev/rules.d/85-ifupdown.rules in my Debian
Squeeze AMD64 system.
But as I can see - another file contains similar (but not the same) strings:
(Continue reading)

reini | 29 Mar 03:01 2012