James Brown | 29 Mar 09:17 2012
Picon

Critical and others problems with hostmode

Device - N900
OS - Maemo 5
V. 21.2011.38-1 (CSSU)
kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power50
hostmode-gui 0.3

With that "hostmode-gui" (h-e-n) I can easily initialize USB-device but
it don't want to mount on my FS with that gui. So, I need to mount it
(and umount) mannualy.
Today I found a critical problem with using h-e-n. I did not use it from
the last summer and I don't remember what of version of "kernel-power" I
used  that time (of course. not v.50 as now :) ) and whether I used CSSU
or not but I had no that problem at that time. (But at that time it
needs for me to start bme mannualy after closing h-e-n windows becouse
it didn't start automatically and at one time I even had problems with
(re)booting my device).
Now, since today, when I close the "h-e-n" gui, my device suddenly is
shutting down and I need to boot it for working with it.
How can I resolve the above-mentioned issues?
Pali Rohár | 29 Mar 10:18 2012
Picon

Re: Critical and others problems with hostmode

On Thursday 29 March 2012 07:17:49 James Brown wrote:
> Device - N900
> OS - Maemo 5
> V. 21.2011.38-1 (CSSU)
> kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power50
> hostmode-gui 0.3
>
> With that "hostmode-gui" (h-e-n) I can easily initialize
> USB-device but it don't want to mount on my FS with that gui.
> So, I need to mount it (and umount) mannualy.
> Today I found a critical problem with using h-e-n. I did not
> use it from the last summer and I don't remember what of
> version of "kernel-power" I used  that time (of course. not
> v.50 as now :) ) and whether I used CSSU or not but I had no
> that problem at that time. (But at that time it needs for me
> to start bme mannualy after closing h-e-n windows becouse it
> didn't start automatically and at one time I even had problems
> with (re)booting my device).
> Now, since today, when I close the "h-e-n" gui, my device
> suddenly is shutting down and I need to boot it for working
> with it. How can I resolve the above-mentioned issues?

Hi,

shutdown after closing h-e-n GUI can be caused by starting BME
when bq27x00_battery driver is loaded. BME and bq27x00_battery
cannot be loaded at same time. So make sure that bq27x00_battery
is blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d/* and also is NOT in list
/etc/modules

(Continue reading)

James Brown | 29 Mar 11:31 2012

On 29.03.2012 08:18, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2012 07:17:49 James Brown wrote:
>> Device - N900
>> OS - Maemo 5
>> V. 21.2011.38-1 (CSSU)
>> kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power50
>> hostmode-gui 0.3
>>
>> With that "hostmode-gui" (h-e-n) I can easily initialize
>> USB-device but it don't want to mount on my FS with that gui.
>> So, I need to mount it (and umount) mannualy.
>> Today I found a critical problem with using h-e-n. I did not
>> use it from the last summer and I don't remember what of
>> version of "kernel-power" I used  that time (of course. not
>> v.50 as now :) ) and whether I used CSSU or not but I had no
>> that problem at that time. (But at that time it needs for me
>> to start bme mannualy after closing h-e-n windows becouse it
>> didn't start automatically and at one time I even had problems
>> with (re)booting my device).
>> Now, since today, when I close the "h-e-n" gui, my device
>> suddenly is shutting down and I need to boot it for working
>> with it. How can I resolve the above-mentioned issues?
>
> Hi,
>
> shutdown after closing h-e-n GUI can be caused by starting BME
> when bq27x00_battery driver is loaded. BME and bq27x00_battery
> cannot be loaded at same time. So make sure that bq27x00_battery
> is blacklisted in /etc/modprobe.d/* and also is NOT in list
> /etc/modules
(Continue reading)

Pali Rohár | 29 Mar 11:38 2012

On Thursday 29 March 2012 09:31:34 James Brown wrote:
> On 29.03.2012 08:18, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2012 07:17:49 James Brown wrote:
> >> Device - N900
> >> OS - Maemo 5
> >> V. 21.2011.38-1 (CSSU)
> >> kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power50
> >> hostmode-gui 0.3
> >>
> >> With that "hostmode-gui" (h-e-n) I can easily initialize
> >> USB-device but it don't want to mount on my FS with that
> >> gui.
> >> So, I need to mount it (and umount) mannualy.
> >> Today I found a critical problem with using h-e-n. I did not
> >> use it from the last summer and I don't remember what of
> >> version of "kernel-power" I used  that time (of course. not
> >> v.50 as now :) ) and whether I used CSSU or not but I had no
> >> that problem at that time. (But at that time it needs for me
> >> to start bme mannualy after closing h-e-n windows becouse it
> >> didn't start automatically and at one time I even had
> >> problems
> >> with (re)booting my device).
> >> Now, since today, when I close the "h-e-n" gui, my device
> >> suddenly is shutting down and I need to boot it for working
> >> with it. How can I resolve the above-mentioned issues?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > shutdown after closing h-e-n GUI can be caused by starting
> > BME
(Continue reading)

James Brown | 29 Mar 11:38 2012